Gap finding bot.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Thebest147

Euler wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:41 am
This is a good example: -

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11522
Original post way back
8ballprowler

Vovsen wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:41 am
8ballprowler wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 am
Vovsen wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Yes Shaun - It is a bit of a hassle and not ideal, but here is an example of how it can be done

Store these values:
Back Price
Back Price -1
Back Price -2
Back Price -3

Next rule, conditions:
Back Price Money Waiting greater than 10
Back Price -1 Money Waiting equal to 0
Back Price -2 Money Waiting equal to 0
Back Price -3 Money Waiting greater than 10

This to identify there is a 2 tick gap between Best Back Price and 2nd Best Back Price (Back Price -3)

There is not a simpler way in Guardian that I know of to identify the distance/return the number of ticks between Best Back and 2nd Best Back, which would be better imo

as Shaun describes a condition where it can be stated that the Best Back Price is 2 ticks greater than the 2nd Best Back Price would be nice and simple

IIRC it was suggested more than once, hoping next update has it
And on the lay side it would be +1 etc?
Yeah

Lay side:
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Lay at a price held in another Stored Valued: Lay Price, Lay +1 Lay+2 Etc

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back +1 Back+2 Etc

But for this kinda stuff I would go with Excel as suggested, unless you have spotted a very simple, specific scenario you want to identify as the example above, and it happens frequently and/or is worth trading as it becomes a lot of conditions and tiresome to edit if you want flexibility
So is the back side a + or -?
Just that you have it as a - further up this conversation feed. And just now you have the back price as a +.
I appreciate your input nevertheless Vovsen.
Neil.
Vovsen

8ballprowler wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:26 pm
Vovsen wrote:
8ballprowler wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 am

And on the lay side it would be +1 etc?
Yeah

Lay side:
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Lay at a price held in another Stored Valued: Lay Price, Lay +1 Lay+2 Etc

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back +1 Back+2 Etc

But for this kinda stuff I would go with Excel as suggested, unless you have spotted a very simple, specific scenario you want to identify as the example above, and it happens frequently and/or is worth trading as it becomes a lot of conditions and tiresome to edit if you want flexibility
Just that you have it as a - further up this conversation feed. And just now you have the back price as a +.
Neil.
Sorry it should be a - for Back Prices

Here it is corrected:

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back -1 Back-2 Etc

A good way to test it without using real stakes is to use Ladder Markers, so when your rule triggers, having identified a gap, this gap identifier rule also stores a value, of lets say Back Price, call it BackPriceGapMarker or something like that (Or whatever Back Price - the number of ticks you want to see the Ladder Marker at)
8ballprowler

Vovsen wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm
8ballprowler wrote:
Vovsen wrote:

Yeah

Lay side:

Back side

Neil.

Here it is corrected:

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back -1 Back-2 Etc

A good way to test it without using real stakes is to use Ladder Markers, so when your rule triggers, having identified a gap, this gap identifier rule also stores a value, of lets say Back Price, call it BackPriceGapMarker or something like that (Or whatever Back Price - the number of ticks you want to see the Ladder Marker at)
Cheers Vovsen.
Neil.
8ballprowler

8ballprowler wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:19 pm
Vovsen wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm
8ballprowler wrote:

Neil.

Here it is corrected:

Back side

This stored values is fascinating.
So how is a bet or opening trade actually triggered by these stored values?
Neil.
Vovsen

It is a variation of this Dallas bot:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=19273

Instead of Best Back, 2nd Best Back and 3rd Best Back Price, you use the stored values I listed above.

(Because as an example you can't measure the distance between 2nd Best Back and 3rd Best Back, mentioned earlier in this thread)
kenfrost

Vovsen wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Yes Shaun - It is a bit of a hassle and not ideal, but here is an example of how it can be done

Store these values:
Back Price
Back Price -1
Back Price -2
Back Price -3

Next rule, conditions:
Back Price Money Waiting greater than 10
Back Price -1 Money Waiting equal to 0
Back Price -2 Money Waiting equal to 0
Back Price -3 Money Waiting greater than 10

This to identify there is a 2 tick gap between Best Back Price and 2nd Best Back Price (Back Price -3)

There is not a simpler way in Guardian that I know of to identify the distance/return the number of ticks between Best Back and 2nd Best Back, which would be better imo

as Shaun describes a condition where it can be stated that the Best Back Price is 2 ticks greater than the 2nd Best Back Price would be nice and simple

IIRC it was suggested more than once, hoping next update has it
Thanks for this.

Having set up the stored values how do you get betangel to use them to place a trade please?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”