Gap finding bot.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
8ballprowler

I understand the looking for a gap between the best back and lay price.

But how does one go about looking for gaps either on the backing side (between best back price and second best back price) or the lay side (between best lay price and second best lay price)?

Can this be done?

Neil.
Euler

This is a good example: -

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11522
8ballprowler

Euler wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:41 am

Cheers Euler.
I've studied that thread previously.
How do I get the bot to identity gaps on back or lay side only?
Gaps between best and second best price specifically.
Neil.
ShaunWhite

8ballprowler wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:53 pm
Euler wrote:

Cheers Euler.
I've studied that thread previously.
How do I get the bot to identity gaps on back or lay side only?
Gaps between best and second best price specifically.
Neil.
I can't help much but it must be frustrating that everytime you ask about gaps you're pointed to things about spreads.

Is there a way for BA to return the number of ticks between 2 prices? Eg Best 2 - Best 1 as ticks rather then just a number? I'd guess it can otherwise the spread finder bot wouldn't work. Then maybe if best 2 - best 1 > 1tick you could bet at best 2 + 1 tick? Something like that anyway.
Vovsen

Yes Shaun - It is a bit of a hassle and not ideal, but here is an example of how it can be done

Store these values:
Back Price
Back Price -1
Back Price -2
Back Price -3

Next rule, conditions:
Back Price Money Waiting greater than 10
Back Price -1 Money Waiting equal to 0
Back Price -2 Money Waiting equal to 0
Back Price -3 Money Waiting greater than 10

This to identify there is a 2 tick gap between Best Back Price and 2nd Best Back Price (Back Price -3)

There is not a simpler way in Guardian that I know of to identify the distance/return the number of ticks between Best Back and 2nd Best Back, which would be better imo

as Shaun describes a condition where it can be stated that the Best Back Price is 2 ticks greater than the 2nd Best Back Price would be nice and simple

IIRC it was suggested more than once, hoping next update has it
8ballprowler

Vovsen wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Yes Shaun - It is a bit of a hassle and not ideal, but here is an example of how it can be done

Store these values:
Back Price
Back Price -1
Back Price -2
Back Price -3

Next rule, conditions:

This to identify there is a 2 tick gap between Best Back Price and 2nd Best Back Price (Back Price -3)

There is not a simpler way in Guardian that I know of to identify the distance/return the number of ticks between Best Back and 2nd Best Back, which would be better imo

as Shaun describes a condition where it can be stated that the Best Back Price is 2 ticks greater than the 2nd Best Back Price would be nice and simple

And on the lay side it would be +1 etc?
firlandsfarm

This would be easy to do with Excel. Have a table in the workbook containing all ticks and a sequential tick ID number (see attached). Then by using "vlookup" find the quoted odds (Col A) in the table and read the TickID No for each (Col B). Then subtract the two TickID No's. to get the gap. Alternatively, get the first TickID value and then add/subtract for the required gap and then perform "vlookup" again this time from TickID (Col B) and read the target odds from Col C.
BetfairTicks.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vovsen

8ballprowler wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 am
Vovsen wrote:

Store these values:
Back Price
Back Price -1
Back Price -2
Back Price -3

Next rule, conditions:

Yeah

Lay side:
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Lay at a price held in another Stored Valued: Lay Price, Lay +1 Lay+2 Etc

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back +1 Back+2 Etc

But for this kinda stuff I would go with Excel as suggested, unless you have spotted a very simple, specific scenario you want to identify as the example above, and it happens frequently and/or is worth trading as it becomes a lot of conditions and tiresome to edit if you want flexibility
firlandsfarm

OK, here's a baf file that is a set of rules that calculates the TickIDNo for the price it is pointed at so you need to change the rules for the target as follows ...

General tab: Set "Applies to selection" as required
Conditions tab: The values should not be changed but you can change the "Back Price" label to any of the other prices.
Stored Values tab: Change "the Back Price of a selection" as required. Also, assuming you will use this to target 2 prices to ascertain a gap you should change the Tick01.sv to a meaningful name, maybe "Back01_Tick01.sv" (note: I always suffix my SV's with ".sv" for clarity from Signals but it's not necessary for you to do so). Likewise change the names of "Tick02.sv" and "TickID.sv" and the inter-references between these SV rules.. It is TickID.sv that contains the Tick Number from the xlsx file I posted earlier. So maybe that is now "Back01_TickID.sv" Note: you need to do this for every individual rule in the ruleset.

Now copy all the rules within the same ruleset and repeat the process but this time choosing a different rename for Tick01.sv, maybe Back02_Tick01.sv and again do likewise for Tick02.sv and TickID.sv. Again it is (maybe) Back02_TickID.sv that contains the Tick Number for the second price.

The Gap in ticks is the subtraction of one TickID Number from the other. When using this think about which way round you want the Gap to numerate ... as a positive or a negative!

Hope this is of help. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while and never got around to it.
BetfairTickIDNo.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thebest147

It seems after 5 years 2months it is a closely guarded secret that Dallas and Peter are keeping to themselves
Thebest147

Euler wrote:

Original post way back
8ballprowler

Vovsen wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:41 am
8ballprowler wrote:
Vovsen wrote:

Store these values:
Back Price
Back Price -1
Back Price -2
Back Price -3

Next rule, conditions:

Yeah

Lay side:
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Lay at a price held in another Stored Valued: Lay Price, Lay +1 Lay+2 Etc

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back +1 Back+2 Etc

But for this kinda stuff I would go with Excel as suggested, unless you have spotted a very simple, specific scenario you want to identify as the example above, and it happens frequently and/or is worth trading as it becomes a lot of conditions and tiresome to edit if you want flexibility
So is the back side a + or -?
Just that you have it as a - further up this conversation feed. And just now you have the back price as a +.
I appreciate your input nevertheless Vovsen.
Neil.
Vovsen

8ballprowler wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:26 pm
Vovsen wrote:
8ballprowler wrote:

Yeah

Lay side:

Back side

Just that you have it as a - further up this conversation feed. And just now you have the back price as a +.
Neil.
Sorry it should be a - for Back Prices

Here it is corrected:

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back -1 Back-2 Etc

A good way to test it without using real stakes is to use Ladder Markers, so when your rule triggers, having identified a gap, this gap identifier rule also stores a value, of lets say Back Price, call it BackPriceGapMarker or something like that (Or whatever Back Price - the number of ticks you want to see the Ladder Marker at)
8ballprowler

Vovsen wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm
8ballprowler wrote:
Vovsen wrote:

Yeah

Lay side:

Back side

Neil.

Here it is corrected:

Back side
Stored Value condition, that the Money Waiting to Back at a price held in another Stored Valued: Back Price, Back -1 Back-2 Etc

A good way to test it without using real stakes is to use Ladder Markers, so when your rule triggers, having identified a gap, this gap identifier rule also stores a value, of lets say Back Price, call it BackPriceGapMarker or something like that (Or whatever Back Price - the number of ticks you want to see the Ladder Marker at)
Cheers Vovsen.
Neil.
8ballprowler

8ballprowler wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:19 pm
Vovsen wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm
8ballprowler wrote:

Neil.

Here it is corrected:

Back side

This stored values is fascinating.
So how is a bet or opening trade actually triggered by these stored values?
Neil.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”