Gazuty's guidance

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
firlandsfarm

gazuty wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:16 am
This is just gambling (I don't believe any of you are sucessful)
Brilliant read gazuty, it helps to remind yourself how you got here and why you are here and apply what you have said to your own recent actions and bring them back on line.

As for the line above, people who say that don't know the difference between gambling and betting, it's a discussion I have had many times with non-believers. I remember telling my neighbour what I do and he laughed and remarked that he thought I was more intelligent than to believe I could profit from betting and no amount of explanation would change his mind.
Kai

andy28 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:56 am
I read about 22 pages of the thread where some clown said this is all random
Dunno which thread but I see a lot of people have issues with randomness overall and flat out give up, but trading isn't matched betting, why shy away from a challenge and why not try to find a framework for that randomness, as if random means bad, if everything was clear-cut there would be 95% winners in the markets and this doesn't sound like a sustainable model at all.
andy28 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:56 am
I turn a small profit from scalping but how does a guy like me go further?
A lot of newcomers find their first edges on the ladder itself, as did I as a relative newcomer, but I think there are 2 main logical paths forward. The obvious one would be to scale your confidence or comfort zone or however you wanna call it, obviously on markets that can handle such volume without any edge spillage, and the other is to scale your betting frequency which unless you can grind and multitask for 22 hours every day means going down the auto route.

I suppose a third option is to treat the betting exchanges as a stepping stone and move on to less stigmatized markets, that's an appealing one as well and maybe even the most sensible one long term.
Gravesen33

Hi All,
Can any1 tell me how to calculate the percentage on Lay odds 2nd best and 3rd best price column as we have given only the % of the best Back or Lay price
Thanks
miguelpiercy

Gravesen33 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:09 pm
Hi All,
Canbloxd io any1 tell me how to calculate the percentage on Lay odds 2nd best and 3rd best price column as we have given only the % of the best Back or Lay price
Thanks
I have the same question with you. I want to calculate my lay bets’ profits, returns, and liabilities quickly.
jamesedwards

miguelpiercy wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:43 am
Gravesen33 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:09 pm
Hi All,
Canbloxd io any1 tell me how to calculate the percentage on Lay odds 2nd best and 3rd best price column as we have given only the % of the best Back or Lay price
Thanks
I have the same question with you. I want to calculate my lay bets’ profits, returns, and liabilities quickly.
Book% is the sum of (1 divided by odds) for all selections.

eg
HorseA 30.0
HorseB 9.0
HorseC 6.0
HorseD 5.0
HorseE 2.0
=(1/30)+(1/9)+(1/6)+(1/5)+(1/2)
=1.0111
=101.1% book
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
Yes, it did. I realise that now that Shaun has burst the suspend monkey myth. :)
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:09 pm
gazuty wrote:
You got someone to blame
Yes, it did. I realise that now that Shaun has burst the suspend monkey myth. :)
That awful realisation that we have our own agency and that we are not victims.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:09 pm
gazuty wrote:
You got someone to blame
That awful realisation that we have our own agency and that we are not victims.
Yeah. Even outside of trading, there's a huge psychological difference in having flesh and blood to blame for your frustration, who you can abuse physically, verbally, on a forum or in your mind; and having to blame chips, wires, feeds, circumstances, etc. all of which are completely immune to abuse. I guess that's why the punchbag was invented. :mrgreen:
Kai

Absolute truth bomb there from Gaz

No point playing victim to circumstances you create Derek
Kai

How I imagine Gaz's morning routine ;)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”