Profitable strategy for sale

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesg46

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:04 am
Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 am

If a strategy can be automated then it also contains the edge, which comes from the strategy itself and not from the ability of the executor.
The executor would need the ability to automate it though, which is a skill that could suit you but not me. The glove has to fit the right hand & the right hand has to accept there is a risk.
A very simple strategy is very easy to automate. Just a few actions conditioned by a few things. That's it.
Probably! But simple is also subjective :lol:

Hey, I don't want to grind it down, it's up to whoever is interested to take on the risk. If they have the right skill set & mindset with an open mind to risk then I hope they do well.
Trader724

Kai wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:15 am
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 pm
Maybe I'm not doing things perfectly
I'm far too tired tonight to keep up with the thread but what the hell, have some open raw feedback altho not seen last few pages yet so might be outta loop :lol: You're doing things far from perfectly if you're calling Rik a noob telling him to get on your level or whatever a few pages ago, lol, some would say arguably best manual trader around plus learning auto too, still so young as well and already been around forever so probably hasn't even peaked yet. A real bruhhh moment right there probably :lol:
Trader724 wrote:
I'm not pursuing that, but have you ever considered giving someone a source of income almost for free?
Well yeah, many do, what's the big deal here, people need the skillset to use most good stuff anyway. The guys in my region + Portugal share most stuff amongst each other either way, pretty sure I casually mentioned that many times by now. Quite a few nice communities on Discord servers but I guess it's not for English speakers. Although a good chunk of them sell various stuff as well, has to be said.
Trader724 wrote:
When you do then you are welcome here to tell me how you did it and I will definitely appreciate it.
It's very easy actually, your friends ask for help or an edge and you maybe try and teach them for free because you're not an ass. If strangers ask you for guidance maybe you can give them an older approach or something if you feel in a helping mood or you feel like they're putting in huge effort etc. If you want to sell stuff and make your income off people and not the market, then open a real service or whatever. If you just want some credit from your peers then pick out a bigger P&L and you'll maybe get a few random kudos. If you're feeling needy for attention, hopping on Twitter and spamming P&Ls is a good bet. And lastly, if you want to help someone then don't take their money, people won't give it up anyway without any proof of what they're buying.

Don't really want any random opportunists msging me and don't care for this type of attention but I gotta say that most of the friends that I directly pushed into profit and a few into making a decent living out of it didn't last for more than a couple years since they didn't build on it further and markets evolved over time, in short they thought the work was done and sadly drifted apart from others. A few are still going strong and this is because they've kept learning and evolving, so I don't think it's much help at all to just give someone a finished strat product, from my experience if it's easy to execute it's mostly minor stuff anyway and that sorta stuff doesn't last long, imho it's better to help someone build their own starting edge so they have a working methodology in place to build further and expand their skillset etc.
Trader724 wrote:
If you come here just to highlight the less good parts, what did you achieve?
I actually have zero issues with giving credit where I think it's due, as can be seen above in the first paragraph, I even relish it because I know great success means great effort and great sacrifice which is a rare thing of beauty. Like Derek and others, I can only call it how I see it, if the intentions are true the thread should survive a bit of sceptical feedback, asking for money is a common red flag so obviously can't be that naive to not expect any criticism whatsoever. But yeah I do have friends and know others that sell all sorts of stuff for both smaller prices and like 20-30K via Youtube channels etc :lol: To each their own.

Sorry to say but if this were Reddit I think the thread would get downvoted into the ground for major karmawhoring offences very early. But unlike Reddit, threads stay up forever so anything is salvageable and opinions can be swayed if wrong, at least mine can.
I just want to do a good thing, personally if I were unprofitable I would buy a strategy from someone experienced and this forum is a good place to look for, and at least pay my trading expenses, that's why I offered. I also accept criticism if it is not said insensibly. You don't have to be a donkey just because you don't like or don't understand something, or it just seems like something else. I expected more diplomacy, but unfortunately I saw very few.
Maybe the fact that I don't speak english very well contributes to the form I give to the ideas, and they can be misunderstood, but the insensibility with which some approach the discussion is still not justified.
Trader724

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:16 am
Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:04 am

The executor would need the ability to automate it though, which is a skill that could suit you but not me. The glove has to fit the right hand & the right hand has to accept there is a risk.
A very simple strategy is very easy to automate. Just a few actions conditioned by a few things. That's it.
Probably! But simple is also subjective :lol:

Hey, I don't want to grind it down, it's up to whoever is interested to take on the risk. If they have the right skill set & mindset with an open mind to risk then I hope they do well.
Thank you, everything is fine, when you have good intentions and you get what you want, it doesn't matter what others think anyway.
Kai

If you're not English where are you from then?

Don't see anything wrong with your English, that's definitely not the issue you're having.
alexmr2

Screenshot_20210518-004641_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 am
I just want to do a good thing, personally if I were unprofitable I would buy a strategy from someone experienced and this forum is a good place to look for, and at least pay my trading expenses, that's why I offered. I also accept criticism if it is not said insensibly. You don't have to be a donkey just because you don't like or don't understand something, or it just seems like something else. I expected more diplomacy, but unfortunately I saw very few.
Maybe the fact that I don't speak english very well contributes to the form I give to the ideas, and they can be misunderstood, but the insensibility with which some approach the discussion is still not justified.
If you're selling something it's a mutual contract. I'd be weary of anyone selling something and believing he's doing "a good thing". You were asking for more money than goat was willing to pay. I don't think this forum is a good place to look for buying a strategy. Few people on here sell them, you're trying to and look a the response.

I would never have guessed you don't speak English very well, you're spelling's probably better than most English speakers, I don't think that's the issue. If you're trying to sell a bot on a trading forum you should expect a bit of negativity. It's enevitable.
Kai

Trader724 wrote:
I just want to do a good thing, personally if I were unprofitable I would buy a strategy from someone experienced and this forum is a good place to look for, and at least pay my trading expenses, that's why I offered.
Eh, would be great if it really worked like that, with buying and selling manual strategies like it's a simple product that anyone can use freely. You can buy strategies but not the skillset that comes with it, need some active mentoring for that. That's how I've seen people sell the genuine more expensive stuff, as if Psychoff was the first ever to put a 20k price tag on mentoring someone when it comes to genuine stuff, and regarding fake stuff I don't bother looking at that nonsense and I forget it exists tbh.

If you have the one trading approach then it's foolish to share the old one, you might end up needing it, especially if they are linked and especially it it has auto potential, once that goes out to someone you can't control the spread anymore, and it's most likely nothing new to the market anyway.

If Mr Goat doesn't mind being borrowed as an example here, many people like Minnie etc have already said they reached out to him privately to try and help from early on, I did as well, but the fact he didn't immediately benefit from any of it tells you it's not easy to copy skillsets of others. That's how it often goes, trading approaches can be so vastly different that they can turn out to be absolutely worthless to the wrong person that is going in different directions etc. Plus it can also just slow his own journey down and do more harm than good too. I'm sure many have sent him loads of stuff, I forget what I sent but hard to copy video clips of anything without knowing the full context of the trades and understanding where the edge comes from and so on. Idk about others but I don't even think I have anything easy to send anyone anyway, even if I wanted to sell something, which I don't.

Bet Angel videos are the ultimate example and proof of that, you've got beautiful showcases of various trading approaches with handpicked smooth execution examples to help people grasp all the trading concepts easier and how to execute on very specific setups, but they still can't copy it that easily, you don't see many coming here giving thanks for all the videos etc. And even if you do understand all of it, there's still the small part of executing on it :D It's where the skillset part comes in obviously.
Emmson

I've read on here that edges are shared in the shadows via PM. Explore that route Trader.

This thread has done well not to turn nasty, it was sub 1.1 to turn nasty the moment it was created, I would have jumped on at that price with a back not a lay. :D
Trader724

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:17 am
Trader724 wrote:
If you're selling something it's a mutual contract. I'd be weary of anyone selling something and believing he's doing "a good thing". You were asking for more money than goat was willing to pay. I don't think this forum is a good place to look for buying a strategy. Few people on here sell them, you're trying to and look a the response.

I would never have guessed you don't speak English very well, you're spelling's probably better than most English speakers, I don't think that's the issue. If you're trying to sell a bot on a trading forum you should expect a bit of negativity. It's enevitable.
If you buy something and relatively soon you have the money for the purchase back in the account, does it seem like a good deal? It's almost the same thing what I'm doing now. So yes, I rightly think I'm helping, I'm sorry that the rest didn't see it that way, but I didn't expect it either. I was just expecting a wiser attitude like that of Peter, James and a few others. I was open to answering all kinds of questions both on the forum and in private and I will decide who will become profitable soon. That's a nice power to have.
Kai

Btw OP not sure if anyone stated the obvious previously, but just because you value the strategy at 1k pounds it doesn't mean that is the actual value. To an auto guy it could be worth far more, if they fully figure out where the edge comes from and tweak it further, or apply a similar approach to other markets and stuff or opens the door for a whole variety of similar approaches, so it's not that simple.

From what I can tell so far auto guys seem to value simple small manual strats because they're easier to auto and can cover all markets for smaller stakes. Might be something to keep in mind as well.

But Derek obviously has a point, good intentions aren't the best excuse when you're demanding 1k for something, without any real proof of concept or credibility either :)
Trader724

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 am
I've read on here that edges are shared in the shadows via PM. Explore that route Trader.

This thread has done well not to turn nasty, it was sub 1.1 to turn nasty the moment it was created, I would have jumped on at that price with a back not a lay. :D
I don't know what others do, I do what I think is best and it usually works out well for me, what others think is less relevant.
Trader724

Kai wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:04 am
Btw OP not sure if anyone stated the obvious previously, but just because you value the strategy at 1k pounds it doesn't mean that is the actual value. To an auto guy it could be worth far more, if they fully figure out where the edge comes from and tweak it further, or apply a similar approach to other markets and stuff or opens the door for a whole variety of similar approaches, so it's not that simple.

From what I can tell so far auto guys seem to value simple small manual strats because they're easier to auto and can cover all markets for smaller stakes. Might be something to keep in mind as well.

But Derek obviously has a point, good intentions aren't the best excuse when you're demanding 1k for something, without any real proof of concept or credibility either :)
I'm not interested in the real price. I want to get 1000 to give 1000 to someone else. The real price is much much higher.
Trader724

Kai wrote:

I've tweaked it further. All I can say is It has a lot of potential.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:17 am
Trader724 wrote:

If you buy something and relatively soon you have the money for the purchase back in the account, does it seem like a good deal? It's almost the same thing what I'm doing now. So yes, I rightly think I'm helping, I'm sorry that the rest didn't see it that way, but I didn't expect it either. I was just expecting a wiser attitude like that of Peter, James and a few others. I was open to answering all kinds of questions both on the forum and in private and I will decide who will become profitable soon. That's a nice power to have.
:lol: Instead of blowing your own trumpet, why not give your bot to someone and let them blow your trumpet?

When you decide to give a gift to a family member do you announce it three weeks in advance and let them guess who's getting it? Stop bragging that you're about to do a good thing and just do it, because you won't get any credit or kudos on here for talking about it.

You're happy to bang on all day about your gift but you won't say how much you were going to charge goat for your so-called gift! When you sell something or even give it away, you can't say you're doing a good thing, only the receiver can decide that - it's self-righteous.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:14 am
Kai wrote:

I've tweaked it further. All I can say is It has a lot of potential.
Must be worth twice as much now that you've tweaked it further. :roll:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”