Profitable strategy for sale

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Trader724

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 am
I've read on here that edges are shared in the shadows via PM. Explore that route Trader.

This thread has done well not to turn nasty, it was sub 1.1 to turn nasty the moment it was created, I would have jumped on at that price with a back not a lay. :D
I don't know what others do, I do what I think is best and it usually works out well for me, what others think is less relevant.
Trader724

Kai wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:04 am
Btw OP not sure if anyone stated the obvious previously, but just because you value the strategy at 1k pounds it doesn't mean that is the actual value. To an auto guy it could be worth far more, if they fully figure out where the edge comes from and tweak it further, or apply a similar approach to other markets and stuff or opens the door for a whole variety of similar approaches, so it's not that simple.

From what I can tell so far auto guys seem to value simple small manual strats because they're easier to auto and can cover all markets for smaller stakes. Might be something to keep in mind as well.

But Derek obviously has a point, good intentions aren't the best excuse when you're demanding 1k for something, without any real proof of concept or credibility either :)
I'm not interested in the real price. I want to get 1000 to give 1000 to someone else. The real price is much much higher.
Trader724

Kai wrote:
Btw OP not sure if anyone stated the obvious previously, but just because you value the strategy at 1k pounds it doesn't mean that is the actual value. To an auto guy it could be worth far more, if they fully figure out where the edge comes from and tweak it further, or apply a similar approach to other markets and stuff or opens the door for a whole variety of similar approaches, so it's not that simple.

From what I can tell so far auto guys seem to value simple small manual strats because they're easier to auto and can cover all markets for smaller stakes. Might be something to keep in mind as well.

But Derek obviously has a point, good intentions aren't the best excuse when you're demanding 1k for something, without any real proof of concept or credibility either :)
I've tweaked it further. All I can say is It has a lot of potential.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:17 am
Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 am
I just want to do a good thing, personally if I were unprofitable I would buy a strategy from someone experienced and this forum is a good place to look for, and at least pay my trading expenses, that's why I offered. I also accept criticism if it is not said insensibly. You don't have to be a donkey just because you don't like or don't understand something, or it just seems like something else. I expected more diplomacy, but unfortunately I saw very few.
Maybe the fact that I don't speak english very well contributes to the form I give to the ideas, and they can be misunderstood, but the insensibility with which some approach the discussion is still not justified.
If you're selling something it's a mutual contract. I'd be weary of anyone selling something and believing he's doing "a good thing". You were asking for more money than goat was willing to pay. I don't think this forum is a good place to look for buying a strategy. Few people on here sell them, you're trying to and look a the response.

I would never have guessed you don't speak English very well, you're spelling's probably better than most English speakers, I don't think that's the issue. If you're trying to sell a bot on a trading forum you should expect a bit of negativity. It's enevitable.
If you buy something and relatively soon you have the money for the purchase back in the account, does it seem like a good deal? It's almost the same thing what I'm doing now. So yes, I rightly think I'm helping, I'm sorry that the rest didn't see it that way, but I didn't expect it either. I was just expecting a wiser attitude like that of Peter, James and a few others. I was open to answering all kinds of questions both on the forum and in private and I will decide who will become profitable soon. That's a nice power to have.
:lol: Instead of blowing your own trumpet, why not give your bot to someone and let them blow your trumpet?

When you decide to give a gift to a family member do you announce it three weeks in advance and let them guess who's getting it? Stop bragging that you're about to do a good thing and just do it, because you won't get any credit or kudos on here for talking about it.

You're happy to bang on all day about your gift but you won't say how much you were going to charge goat for your so-called gift! When you sell something or even give it away, you can't say you're doing a good thing, only the receiver can decide that - it's self-righteous.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:14 am
Kai wrote:

Must be worth twice as much now that you've tweaked it further. :roll:
Kai

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:52 am
I've read on here that edges are shared in the shadows via PM. Explore that route Trader.
Through pillowtalk? I believe edges are found on the ladder and on your own screen :D Mostly whilst observing markets with an objective neutral pair of eyes!!! But I guess sometimes also on obscure Youtube channels :lol:
Trader724

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 am
Trader724 wrote:
Kai wrote:

You've lost the plot.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 am
Trader724 wrote:

You've lost the plot.
I don't think you ever found the plot if you're expecting anyone to pay £1K for a simple strategy. It's not lay the draw by any chance is it? :)
Trader724

Simple strategies make a lot of money. Have you always had this defiant attitude or it only happens when you don't get enough sleep? You're just talking nonsense.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:28 am
Simple strategies make a lot of money. Have you always had this defiant attitude or it only happens when you don't get enough sleep? You're just talking nonsense.
You're the one that lacks understanding. Nobody's suggesting your strategy isn't profitable, however simple it is. What I'm trying to get through to you is that for every winning strategy there's a hundred losing ones. Who in their right mind would pay a complete stranger £1K because he says he's got a winning strategy? Those sort of people will already have been conned out of all their money by conmen!
Trader724

I appreciate your effort but I don't remember asking for your help. Just because you have a trust issue doesn't mean everyone is like you or should think like you.
I don't know what kind of trader you are if £1000 seems like a lot of money to you for a profitable strategy.
goat68

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:41 am
Trader724 wrote:
You're the one that lacks understanding. Nobody's suggesting your strategy isn't profitable, however simple it is. What I'm trying to get through to you is that for every winning strategy there's a hundred losing ones. Who in their right mind would pay a complete stranger £1K because he says he's got a winning strategy? Those sort of people will already have been conned out of all their money by conmen!
You've hit the nail on the head Derek, Trader724 think about it, would you pay £1k to a complete stranger based on a few words...?
Trader724

It is a risk that must be assumed in the absence of guarantee options. If there was such a thing, I would gladly offer it because my strategy is just awesome.
Trader724

goat68 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:55 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:41 am
Trader724 wrote:
You've hit the nail on the head Derek, Trader724 think about it, would you pay £1k to a complete stranger based on a few words...?
I can't offer the strategy first because I would risk hundreds of times more
ilovepizza82

If it costs £1000 and if I understand correctly can make £1000 too within a year with £100 stake (or is it the whole bank?) then that would mean it can only generate 10 points a year...thats not a lot if you ask me unless im missing something here. My silly gh system can produce between 400-500 points withinn a year. 10 points is not a lot but again. I might be missing something here as didnt read the whole thread.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”