Profitable strategy for sale

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
StellaBot

I know one Peter that wouldnt invest
prob other one too

:D
Trader724

The funny part is that the strategy is really profitable and someone will enjoy it soon.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 pm
goat68 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:14 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:12 pm

I didn't say that I give it as a bot, it's just a simple strategy that can be automated very easily.
Why don't you mention the details a bit like you told me, and who you think already uses it? Might make someone interested...
Because those details are for a private conversation.
But we could all do with a good laugh. :)

And you're right, I am feeling tired which is why I'm on here.
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:34 pm
The funny part is that the strategy is really profitable and someone will enjoy it soon.
The funny thing is that everybody who wants to sell a system says it's really profitable. Whether it's profitable or not, you have to be a right sucker to trust anyone's claim.
Trader724

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 pm
goat68 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:14 pm

Why don't you mention the details a bit like you told me, and who you think already uses it? Might make someone interested...
Because those details are for a private conversation.
But we could all do with a good laugh. :)

And you're right, I am feeling tired which is why I'm on here.
I'm glad. That's why I'm here. To spread well-being.
Trader724

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:40 pm
Trader724 wrote:
The funny thing is that everybody who wants to sell a system says it's really profitable. Whether it's profitable or not, you have to be a right sucker to trust anyone's claim.
The funny thing is that when the owner confirms that it works you will be very confused. A little more than you are now.
alexmr2

I was going to sell a system but I'm going to give it away for free in hope that someone shares their system with me.

Open a back position on any Hollie Doyle horse,
If it drifts it's just market manipulation trying to throw you out, hold the position.
If in doubt add to the position with more back bets which will drag the green area closer to your trade and put your mind at ease.
Do 10 pressups to keep yourself calm and focused.
By the off your trade should be in the green but in the worst case that it isn't, let it go inplay and then hedge for a profit while the race is on.
Strike rate should be 100% which is the most important measure of a successful trading strategy
Last edited by alexmr2 on Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm
All anyone had to do here if they weren't interested was not pay any attention. Instead it's got to the point of a forum gang bang :lol:
Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I really asked for that in OP.
Here is my opinion. As some may know, it's my opinion that a strategy is not an edge, it would be easy for me or anyone else to copy a generic strategy & sell it to desperate newbies (on Ebay or wherever). Proving a strategy is profitable is subjective, it could be for you, but not me or vice versa, which by previous comments I see you've recognised.

However, I see no problem with people sharing or selling strategies, the same as I see no problem with people hiring 3rd parties to help automate their strategies. It's your strategy & you can do what you damn please with it. If you choose to offer it for sale & want to give the proceeds away then that is your choice.

For me it comes down to someone accepting there is a risk, just like there is with any trading course or subscription service. If the risk in their opinion is worth it then so be it, if it isn't shut up and move on.
The Silk Run

alexmr2 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:50 pm
I was going to sell a system but I'm going to give it away for free in hope that someone shares their system with me.

If it drifts it's just market manipulation trying to throw you out, hold the position.
If in doubt add to the position with more back bets which will drag the green area closer to your trade and put your mind at ease.
By the off your trade should be in the green but in the worst case that it isn't, let it go inplay and then hedge for a profit while the race is on.
Strike rate should be 100% which is the most important measure of a successful trading strategy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
The funny thing is that when the owner confirms that it works you will be very confused. A little more than you are now.
Did I say it doesn't work? I'm just baffled by why you need to make such a big issue/discussion/thread about giving away a bot. Just give it away. If or when the lucky loser confirms that it works I might not even notice the post unless they start a lengthy discussion like this. But then it might ve you under a different user name. :)
goat68

alexmr2 wrote:

Hey, you pinched my system, I was going to sell that!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:57 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Did I say it doesn't work? I'm just baffled by why you need to make such a big issue/discussion/thread about giving away a bot. Just give it away. If or when the lucky loser confirms that it works I might not even notice the post unless they start a lengthy discussion like this. But then it might ve you under a different user name. :)
Probably gone on far longer than needed because he's had to constantly explain himself to you.
The Silk Run

goat68 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 pm
alexmr2 wrote:

Hey, you pinched my system, I was going to sell that!
You've been gubbed G :lol:
Trader724

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm
All anyone had to do here if they weren't interested was not pay any attention. Instead it's got to the point of a forum gang bang :lol:
Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I really asked for that in OP.
Here is my opinion. As some may know, it's my opinion that a strategy is not an edge, it would be easy for me or anyone else to copy a generic strategy & sell it to desperate newbies (on Ebay or wherever). Proving a strategy is profitable is subjective, it could be for you, but not me or vice versa, which by previous comments I see you've recognised.

However, I see no problem with people sharing or selling strategies, the same as I see no problem with people hiring 3rd parties to help automate their strategies. It's your strategy & you can do what you damn please with it. If you choose to offer it for sale & want to give the proceeds away then that is your choice.

For me it comes down to someone accepting there is a risk, just like there is with any trading course or subscription service. If the risk in their opinion is worth it then so be it, if it isn't shut up and move on.
If a strategy can be automated then it also contains the edge, which comes from the strategy itself and not from the ability of the executor.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:57 pm
Trader724 wrote:

Probably gone on far longer than needed because he's had to constantly explain himself to you.
It was about 7 pages when I entered and I just assumed rhe thread's been around a while and I missed it. It's less than 24 hours old!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”