Profitable strategy for sale

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goat68

alexmr2 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:50 pm
I was going to sell a system but I'm going to give it away for free in hope that someone shares their system with me.

Open a back position on any Hollie Doyle horse,
If it drifts it's just market manipulation trying to throw you out, hold the position.
If in doubt add to the position with more back bets which will drag the green area closer to your trade and put your mind at ease.
Do 10 pressups to keep yourself calm and focused.
By the off your trade should be in the green but in the worst case that it isn't, let it go inplay and then hedge for a profit while the race is on.
Strike rate should be 100% which is the most important measure of a successful trading strategy
Hey, you pinched my system, I was going to sell that!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:57 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:40 pm

The funny thing is that everybody who wants to sell a system says it's really profitable. Whether it's profitable or not, you have to be a right sucker to trust anyone's claim.
The funny thing is that when the owner confirms that it works you will be very confused. A little more than you are now.
Did I say it doesn't work? I'm just baffled by why you need to make such a big issue/discussion/thread about giving away a bot. Just give it away. If or when the lucky loser confirms that it works I might not even notice the post unless they start a lengthy discussion like this. But then it might ve you under a different user name. :)
Probably gone on far longer than needed because he's had to constantly explain himself to you.
The Silk Run

goat68 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:50 pm
I was going to sell a system but I'm going to give it away for free in hope that someone shares their system with me.

Open a back position on any Hollie Doyle horse,
If it drifts it's just market manipulation trying to throw you out, hold the position.
If in doubt add to the position with more back bets which will drag the green area closer to your trade and put your mind at ease.
Do 10 pressups to keep yourself calm and focused.
By the off your trade should be in the green but in the worst case that it isn't, let it go inplay and then hedge for a profit while the race is on.
Strike rate should be 100% which is the most important measure of a successful trading strategy
Hey, you pinched my system, I was going to sell that!
You've been gubbed G :lol:
Trader724

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:53 pm
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 pm
All anyone had to do here if they weren't interested was not pay any attention. Instead it's got to the point of a forum gang bang :lol:
Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I really asked for that in OP.
Here is my opinion. As some may know, it's my opinion that a strategy is not an edge, it would be easy for me or anyone else to copy a generic strategy & sell it to desperate newbies (on Ebay or wherever). Proving a strategy is profitable is subjective, it could be for you, but not me or vice versa, which by previous comments I see you've recognised.

However, I see no problem with people sharing or selling strategies, the same as I see no problem with people hiring 3rd parties to help automate their strategies. It's your strategy & you can do what you damn please with it. If you choose to offer it for sale & want to give the proceeds away then that is your choice.

For me it comes down to someone accepting there is a risk, just like there is with any trading course or subscription service. If the risk in their opinion is worth it then so be it, if it isn't shut up and move on.
If a strategy can be automated then it also contains the edge, which comes from the strategy itself and not from the ability of the executor.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:

The funny thing is that when the owner confirms that it works you will be very confused. A little more than you are now.
Did I say it doesn't work? I'm just baffled by why you need to make such a big issue/discussion/thread about giving away a bot. Just give it away. If or when the lucky loser confirms that it works I might not even notice the post unless they start a lengthy discussion like this. But then it might ve you under a different user name. :)
Probably gone on far longer than needed because he's had to constantly explain himself to you.
It was about 7 pages when I entered and I just assumed rhe thread's been around a while and I missed it. It's less than 24 hours old!
jamesg46

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 pm

Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I really asked for that in OP.
Here is my opinion. As some may know, it's my opinion that a strategy is not an edge, it would be easy for me or anyone else to copy a generic strategy & sell it to desperate newbies (on Ebay or wherever). Proving a strategy is profitable is subjective, it could be for you, but not me or vice versa, which by previous comments I see you've recognised.

However, I see no problem with people sharing or selling strategies, the same as I see no problem with people hiring 3rd parties to help automate their strategies. It's your strategy & you can do what you damn please with it. If you choose to offer it for sale & want to give the proceeds away then that is your choice.

For me it comes down to someone accepting there is a risk, just like there is with any trading course or subscription service. If the risk in their opinion is worth it then so be it, if it isn't shut up and move on.
If a strategy can be automated then it also contains the edge, which comes from the strategy itself and not from the ability of the executor.
The executor would need the ability to automate it though, which is a skill that could suit you but not me. The glove has to fit the right hand & the right hand has to accept there is a risk.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:03 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:

It was about 7 pages when I entered and I just assumed rhe thread's been around a while and I missed it. It's less than 24 hours old!
Don't bang on about the length of it if you're going to continue to contribute to the count.
Trader724

Derek27 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:40 pm

The funny thing is that everybody who wants to sell a system says it's really profitable. Whether it's profitable or not, you have to be a right sucker to trust anyone's claim.
I didn't make it long, I just answered those who entered the conversation. Don't you think you're a little hypocritical about long discussions? Did you aim to reach 100k posts?
Trader724

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:04 am
Trader724 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

The executor would need the ability to automate it though, which is a skill that could suit you but not me. The glove has to fit the right hand & the right hand has to accept there is a risk.
A very simple strategy is very easy to automate. Just a few actions conditioned by a few things. That's it.
Kai

Trader724 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 pm
Maybe I'm not doing things perfectly
I'm far too tired tonight to keep up with the thread but what the hell, have some open raw feedback altho not seen last few pages yet so might be outta loop :lol: You're doing things far from perfectly if you're calling Rik a noob telling him to get on your level or whatever a few pages ago, lol, some would say arguably best manual trader around plus learning auto too, still so young as well and already been around forever so probably hasn't even peaked yet. A real bruhhh moment right there probably :lol:
Trader724 wrote:
I'm not pursuing that, but have you ever considered giving someone a source of income almost for free?
Well yeah, many do, what's the big deal here, people need the skillset to use most good stuff anyway. The guys in my region + Portugal share most stuff amongst each other either way, pretty sure I casually mentioned that many times by now. Quite a few nice communities on Discord servers but I guess it's not for English speakers. Although a good chunk of them sell various stuff as well, has to be said.
Trader724 wrote:
When you do then you are welcome here to tell me how you did it and I will definitely appreciate it.
It's very easy actually, your friends ask for help or an edge and you maybe try and teach them for free because you're not an ass. If strangers ask you for guidance maybe you can give them an older approach or something if you feel in a helping mood or you feel like they're putting in huge effort etc. If you want to sell stuff and make your income off people and not the market, then open a real service or whatever. If you just want some credit from your peers then pick out a bigger P&L and you'll maybe get a few random kudos. If you're feeling needy for attention, hopping on Twitter and spamming P&Ls is a good bet. And lastly, if you want to help someone then don't take their money, people won't give it up anyway without any proof of what they're buying.

Don't really want any random opportunists msging me and don't care for this type of attention but I gotta say that most of the friends that I directly pushed into profit and a few into making a decent living out of it didn't last for more than a couple years since they didn't build on it further and markets evolved over time, in short they thought the work was done and sadly drifted apart from others. A few are still going strong and this is because they've kept learning and evolving, so I don't think it's much help at all to just give someone a finished strat product, from my experience if it's easy to execute it's mostly minor stuff anyway and that sorta stuff doesn't last long, imho it's better to help someone build their own starting edge so they have a working methodology in place to build further and expand their skillset etc.
Trader724 wrote:
If you come here just to highlight the less good parts, what did you achieve?
I actually have zero issues with giving credit where I think it's due, as can be seen above in the first paragraph, I even relish it because I know great success means great effort and great sacrifice which is a rare thing of beauty. Like Derek and others, I can only call it how I see it, if the intentions are true the thread should survive a bit of sceptical feedback, asking for money is a common red flag so obviously can't be that naive to not expect any criticism whatsoever. But yeah I do have friends and know others that sell all sorts of stuff for both smaller prices and like 20-30K via Youtube channels etc :lol: To each their own.

Sorry to say but if this were Reddit I think the thread would get downvoted into the ground for major karmawhoring offences very early. But unlike Reddit, threads stay up forever so anything is salvageable and opinions can be swayed if wrong, at least mine can.
Last edited by Kai on Tue May 18, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Trader724 wrote:

A very simple strategy is very easy to automate. Just a few actions conditioned by a few things. That's it.
Probably! But simple is also subjective :lol:

Hey, I don't want to grind it down, it's up to whoever is interested to take on the risk. If they have the right skill set & mindset with an open mind to risk then I hope they do well.
Trader724

Kai wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:15 am
Trader724 wrote:
Maybe I'm not doing things perfectly
I'm far too tired tonight to keep up with the thread but what the hell, have some open raw feedback altho not seen last few pages yet so might be outta loop :lol: You're doing things far from perfectly if you're calling Rik a noob telling him to get on your level or whatever a few pages ago, lol, some would say arguably best manual trader around plus learning auto too, still so young as well and already been around forever so probably hasn't even peaked yet. A real bruhhh moment right there probably :lol:
Trader724 wrote:
I'm not pursuing that, but have you ever considered giving someone a source of income almost for free?
Well yeah, many do, what's the big deal here, people need the skillset to use most good stuff anyway. The guys in my region + Portugal share most stuff amongst each other either way, pretty sure I casually mentioned that many times by now. Quite a few nice communities on Discord servers but I guess it's not for English speakers. Although a good chunk of them sell various stuff as well, has to be said.
Trader724 wrote:
When you do then you are welcome here to tell me how you did it and I will definitely appreciate it.
It's very easy actually, your friends ask for help or an edge and you maybe try and teach them for free because you're not an ass. If strangers ask you for guidance maybe you can give them an older approach or something if you feel in a helping mood or you feel like they're putting in huge effort etc. If you want to sell stuff and make your income off people and not the market, then open a real service or whatever. If you just want some credit from your peers then pick out a bigger P&L and you'll maybe get a few random kudos. If you're feeling needy for attention, hopping on Twitter and spamming P&Ls is a good bet. And lastly, if you want to help someone then don't take their money, people won't give it up anyway without any proof of what they're buying.

Don't really want any random opportunists msging me and don't care for this type of attention but I gotta say that most of the friends that I directly pushed into profit and a few into making a decent living out of it didn't last for more than a couple years since they didn't build on it further and markets evolved over time, in short they thought the work was done and sadly drifted apart from others. A few are still going strong and this is because they've kept learning and evolving, so I don't think it's much help at all to just give someone a finished strat product, from my experience if it's easy to execute it's mostly minor stuff anyway and that sorta stuff doesn't last long, imho it's better to help someone build their own starting edge so they have a working methodology in place to build further and expand their skillset etc.
Trader724 wrote:
If you come here just to highlight the less good parts, what did you achieve?
I actually have zero issues with giving credit where I think it's due, as can be seen above in the first paragraph, I even relish it because I know great success means great effort and great sacrifice which is a rare thing of beauty. Like Derek and others, I can only call it how I see it, if the intentions are true the thread should survive a bit of sceptical feedback, asking for money is a common red flag so obviously can't be that naive to not expect any criticism whatsoever. But yeah I do have friends and know others that sell all sorts of stuff for both smaller prices and like 20-30K via Youtube channels etc :lol: To each their own.

Sorry to say but if this were Reddit I think the thread would get downvoted into the ground for major karmawhoring offences very early. But unlike Reddit, threads stay up forever so anything is salvageable and opinions can be swayed if wrong, at least mine can.
I just want to do a good thing, personally if I were unprofitable I would buy a strategy from someone experienced and this forum is a good place to look for, and at least pay my trading expenses, that's why I offered. I also accept criticism if it is not said insensibly. You don't have to be a donkey just because you don't like or don't understand something, or it just seems like something else. I expected more diplomacy, but unfortunately I saw very few.
Maybe the fact that I don't speak english very well contributes to the form I give to the ideas, and they can be misunderstood, but the insensibility with which some approach the discussion is still not justified.
Trader724

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:16 am
Trader724 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 am
jamesg46 wrote:

Probably! But simple is also subjective :lol:

Hey, I don't want to grind it down, it's up to whoever is interested to take on the risk. If they have the right skill set & mindset with an open mind to risk then I hope they do well.
Thank you, everything is fine, when you have good intentions and you get what you want, it doesn't matter what others think anyway.
Kai

If you're not English where are you from then?

Don't see anything wrong with your English, that's definitely not the issue you're having.
alexmr2

Screenshot_20210518-004641_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”