Back lower than layed servant

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
ilovepizza82

Hi,

Ive got this servant but it doesnt seem to work the way i want.
Basically i want it to back the same selection 2 ticks lower same amount if it shortens at any point of time.
Thought this was how I was suppose to do it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neilb

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:51 am
Hi,

Ive got this servant but it doesnt seem to work the way i want.
Basically i want it to back the same selection 2 ticks lower same amount if it shortens at any point of time.
Thought this was how I was suppose to do it.
If you're going to do it that way you need to add some sort of time delay, back price now can never be itself minus two ticks.
ilovepizza82

Yea but i dont know the time window when the price may change.
Silverthorn

Create a new rule that is higher up in the order than your trading rule that sets Stored Values something like this and in this order.

NOW-1 = NOW
NOW = Back Price

The previous back price from the last trigger will be saved to NOW-1and the current back price will be saved to NOW on each trigger.

Set your entry condition to check the current back price against NOW-1
ilovepizza82

Silverthorn wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:17 pm
Create a new rule that is higher up in the order than your trading rule that sets Stored Values something like this and in this order.

NOW-1 = NOW
NOW = Back Price

The previous back price from the last trigger will be saved to NOW-1and the current back price will be saved to NOW on each trigger.

Set your entry condition to check the current back price against NOW-1
I have no idea where I should put what.
So both should be in the same "store value" rule or ornly one of them ?
What option should i use it "with" ? There are tons. Screenshots would be helpful .
Quantum physics is easier than setting one of these bots. For real :?
neilb

Just set your 'Historic Relative Odds' condition to compare to itself one second ago or use a stored value 'history list'.
Silverthorn

Hi no sorry to confuse.

Create a rule that stores a value and sits above your entry rule to capture Now and Now-1
1 Capture.PNG
You need them in this order so you capture Now-1 before you update Now to the current price.
2 Capture.PNG
Then compare the Back price to Now-1 in your entry conditions.
3 Capture.PNG
This way is as fast as your scan rate.
Also if you use Last Traded Price instead of Back and set a condition that the last traded price has changed you can create a Tick list to reference that is not time dependent and allows you to reference back a number of ticks.
That way you are tracking the real movement of the traded price not just guessing about how long ago things may or may not have happened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Silverthorn on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ilovepizza82

Thanks ! Appreciate that.
ilovepizza82

Silverthorn wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:41 pm
Hi no sorry to confuse.

Create a rule that stores a value and sits above your entry rule to capture Now and Now-1

1 Capture.PNG

You need them in this order so you capture Now-1 before you update Now to the current price.

2 Capture.PNG

Then compare the Back price to Now-1 in your entry conditions.

3 Capture.PNG

This way is as fast as your scan rate.
Also if you use Last Traded Price instead of Back and set a condition that the last traded price has changed you can create a Tick list to reference that is not time dependent and allows you to reference back a number of ticks.
That way you are tracking the real movement of the traded price not just guessing about how long ago things may or may not have happened.
How many times should it trigger ? 1 will do or "unlimited" ?
Silverthorn

For the Now & Now-1 rule set it to Unlimited Triggers and Every Refresh.
For your trading rule it will depend on the market and if you are going in play.
If you are going in play you will need to at least have a Wait time a minimum of 1 second longer than the delay on that market.
You may also want to set conditions to check your matched and/or unmatched bets and a delay on the last Fill or kill if you are using it.

Also sometimes it requires a separate rule that triggers only once when you load the Automation at the very beginning of your rules to store the first instance of your Now. It may just need that kick start.
ilovepizza82

Cant believe its that complicated just to make it place a back or lay bet when odds changed after a certain bet had been placed :roll:
EDIT: Got it working now. THank you again ! :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”