Guardian V Global Settings

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
bbran19

Please excuse my question.

I am trying to create a rule and not sure if it is guardian rule or just an global automation rule.

I would like to place a BACK bet (kill or fill). If filled an offset bet is placed with NO kill or fill AND a stop bet above the lay bet (to limit loss).

If the lay bet is matched I want the STOP bet killed and if the STOP bet is matched I want the OFFSET bet killed.

Do I create that in the Glabal Settings or Guardain?

Cheers

Bob
Last edited by bbran19 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
eatyourgreens

hi Bob
I am no einstien with this software, I think you need to create a rules file guardian.

I dont quite understand your aim though, you mention placing a stoploss above your lay price??? .......I think I am right in saying a stoploss will be placed below your lay price, that is why it is a stoploss, to trade out if the market moves against you!
If you want to cancel the stoploss when your lay bet is matched, then why do you want a stoploss in the first place??

I think your automation needs to be something like.....Place a lay bet on the first screen,(the first screen of "create a rules file for selected market) and choose selection you want to place it on, and time etc.......then go to parameters and choose your stake, where you want it placed (what odds)........then below that choose your offset, fill or kill time etc (a word of caution, if you dont tick the fill or kill box, both your lay bet and offset will enter the mrkt at same time, if you tick the fill or kill box, the offset will not be placed until the lay is matched!).
I think if your offset is matched, the stoploss will cancel automatically (as it is no longer needed) and I think if your stoploss kicks in (if you have one), then you offset will cancel automatically......amazing!

I hope I have got things right, maybe some one more adavced than me could confirm

have a nice day!
good luck :-)
bbran19

Thank you. Of course you are right. I apologize for being such an idiot.

I prefer to BACK first then create an offset lay bet. I am slowly coming to grips with Guardian and am following your suggestion this minute.

Thank you for your time.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”