Back firmers + Lay drifters

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
aceyboy

A bit new so sorry if this is easy but appreciate some help

I'd like to back any horse under 20/1 that has for eg 50% or whatver MORE money on the lay side, ie it will likely firm and I'd like to do the reverse and lay any horse under 20/1 that has 50% MORE money on the back side (likely to drift)

I'd like this to happen with ANY horse please under 20/1... one , two or however many this rule applies to

Help anyone thanks

Aceyboy
decomez6

aceyboy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:59 am

I'd like to back any horse under 20/1 that has for eg 50% or whatver MORE money on the lay side, ie it will likely firm and I'd like to do the reverse and lay any horse under 20/1 that has 50% MORE money on the back side (likely to drift)

I'd like this to happen with ANY horse please under 20/1... one , two or however many this rule applies to

Help anyone thanks

Aceyboy
not so new but still learning, so take what i say with a pinch of glucose. :)
50% or whatver MORE money on the lay side
lesson 1.
there is always same amount of matched back and lay money at any given time. i presume you are refering to the weight of money ( total amount of the best three prices).

lesson 2.
performing a pressure check using the above method is not enough . large orders get withdrawn /added without any logical explanation .(crossmatching and smoking mirrors a.k.a spoofs)

lesson 3.
the best pressure check is right infront of your eyes.
- open a trading ladder in last five minutes of a good quality horse race prefferably a competitive handycap.
-go to ladder settings slow down your touch price refresh rate so you can observe the orders exchanging hands, at the very last 5 seconds .
-then watch the effect it has on you trading range in the last x amount of seconds.

lesson 4.
your fill rate and your trading range is a better tool.
the volume matched will show congestion /buildup when the pressure is easing off , therefore a reversal is more likely to happen than not, and vice versa.

lesson 5.
the real lesson is the market mechanics as driven by human behavior which will take you alot longer to master.
i am still learning and welcome to the club! :)
aceyboy

thanks appreciate the response. I shouldve specified "new to automation" not to betfair.. sorry :)

looking to automate the above not manual

thanks again

aceyboy
Anbell

aceyboy wrote:

Help anyone thanks

Aceyboy
There's a Weight Of Money condition that you can play around with.
Dallas

aceyboy wrote:

Help anyone thanks

Aceyboy
You could start with this which looks for steaming runners, then add a WOM condition advised by Anbell
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=11425

You'd just need an identical rule adding to the file but set up in reverse so it places a lay bet on runners that have drifted etc

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”