BA main screen spontaneously getting focus?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Derek27

Does any one else have this issue? About once an hour at a random time, when my main BA screen is minimised (while looking at Guardian, for example) the BA screen gets brought to the front, receiving focus?
Dallas

Have you checked you don't have the 'Switch to market' box at the top of Guardian ticked?
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:08 pm
Does any one else have this issue? About once an hour at a random time, when my main BA screen is minimised (while looking at Guardian, for example) the BA screen gets brought to the front, receiving focus?
Wrong topic Dex. Migrate to Beer Garden :)
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:41 pm
Have you checked you don't have the 'Switch to market' box at the top of Guardian ticked?
Yes, I've never used that setting. I think this has been happening ever since I started using BA but it's only noticable when the main screen is minimised.
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wrong topic Dex. Migrate to Beer Garden :)
There are plenty of threads about automation and one about settings, coupons, etc. but none for general use of BA. :)
The Silk Run

That's what happens when you use them Betfair Beer Tokens :shock:
ODPaul82

Check under Display in the main BA settings that you don't have 'Activate Bet Angel screen when Guardian Auto-switches to a market' ticked
Differs to the auto switch setting in Guardian.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
The same thing would happen to me when I'd have the ladder undocked and maximised. The BA main screen would just come to the fore for no reason. I wasn't using Guardian to automatically switch to another market so no idea what caused it.

The only way I could get it to stop was to pin the ladder so it was always on top.
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:00 pm
Check under Display in the main BA settings that you don't have 'Activate Bet Angel screen when Guardian Auto-switches to a market' ticked
Differs to the auto switch setting in Guardian.
Cheers Paul, I've just cleared the tick box. :D
Derek27

I'm afraid that hasn't solved the problem. The main stream is still becoming active, apparently randomly.
ODPaul82

Your instance must be possessed......
It did used to happen to me quite a few years ago with BA but then stopped. Going to ask a contender for the stupid question of the year awards but you do upgrade your versions? I only ask due to it happening before for me but not anymore.
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:34 am
Your instance must be possessed......
It did used to happen to me quite a few years ago with BA but then stopped. Going to ask a contender for the stupid question of the year awards but you do upgrade your versions? I only ask due to it happening before for me but not anymore.
Yes, but you've just reminded me to install the new beta version while waiting for the footie to start. :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”