How the eck ?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
waccoe1975

Do you use it ? I just downloaded a trial version as i want to get away from using Geeks , but this is on another planet nothing like the videos etc
Dallas

Is that just a statement or is their a question in there?
Euler

There are walkthrough videos at the Academy: -

https://online.betangelacademy.com/

You can also set up it up so it looks just like other software.
waccoe1975

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:39 pm
Both mate , on the ladder overs market ,the pink side money is higher than the blue side so do i back on the pink side or will it lay it ,im use to geeks toy for last 8 years , and BA is a bit different
waccoe1975

Euler wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:40 pm
There are walkthrough videos at the Academy: -

https://online.betangelacademy.com/

You can also set up it up so it looks just like other software.
Like geeks toy ? im switching over from there as they dont bother with anything any more
Dallas

waccoe1975 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
Both mate , on the ladder overs market ,the pink side money is higher than the blue side so do i back on the pink side or will it lay it ,im use to geeks toy for last 8 years , and BA is a bit different
That part is just the odds display which can be set to normal or reverse on the main banner
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rev ... splay.html

As Euler said above there are settings within Bet Angel to make it look and feel like any other software, for example these ready-made ladder settings will make your ladder screen appear more familiar to you (and they can be edited by you if you want to make any further edits after importing them)
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=18875
waccoe1975

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:59 pm
waccoe1975 wrote:
Dallas wrote:
That part is just the odds display which can be set to normal or reverse on the main banner

As Euler said above there are settings within Bet Angel to make it look and feel like any other software, for example these ready-made ladder settings will make your ladder screen appear more familiar to you (and they can be edited by you if you want to make any further edits after importing them)
Thanks for that the settings dont import though but i have switched colours around , now how do i keep bet inplay etc ?
ODPaul82

Welcome to BetAngel waccoe

You can import the settings as I've just downloaded the file that Dallas pointed you towards and it imported fine for me
You need to make sure that you're on the ladder screen, then press the spanner (1 in screenshot) then press where it says 'settings' on the screen that comes up (just above where I've placed the 2).
ladder settings.png
to do a keep bet, towards the bottom of the screen you can click either 'Keep All' or next to the stake bet amount for your unmatched bet you can toggle between Cancel, Keep, Take SP. You then need to press 'Submit Changes'
keep.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
waccoe1975

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 pm
Welcome to BetAngel waccoe

You can import the settings as I've just downloaded the file that Dallas pointed you towards and it imported fine for me
You need to make sure that you're on the ladder screen, then press the spanner (1 in screenshot) then press where it says 'settings' on the screen that comes up (just above where I've placed the 2).

ladder settings.png

to do a keep bet, towards the bottom of the screen you can click either 'Keep All' or next to the stake bet amount for your unmatched bet you can toggle between Cancel, Keep, Take SP. You then need to press 'Submit Changes'

keep.png
Thank you have done that , and how do you find your overall position? Traded a few horses pre off small stakes while getting use to it ,but how do i green up overall and where does it tell me overall ?i could of cashed out for 98p on betfair across the field but dont know how to do it on here ? Image
Dallas

waccoe1975 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:24 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:59 pm
waccoe1975 wrote:

Thanks for that the settings dont import though but i have switched colours around , now how do i keep bet inplay etc ?
The images in the thread show where to find the import button for each file type

But there is this post which show where to find the import button for all the various types of settings, layout files you can import throughout Bet Angel etc
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23096

Unless you are using Bet Angel Trader, if so then that doesn't support the importing of files
ODPaul82

Overall position is in the column below trade profit, you can click on any cell within that column to green up

I highly highly recommend reading the following
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/user%20guide.html

I know it's super-easy to just want to jump into absolutely everything but all is answered within here
waccoe1975

Thank you , its going to take some getting use to , but think i will get there ,just a bit different to geeks toy .
Dallas

waccoe1975 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:39 pm
Thank you , its going to take some getting use to , but think i will get there ,just a bit different to geeks toy .
You will do, and you'll find its a 'lot' different to geeks in terms of functionality, but there's also a ton of tutorials, documentation, examples and video's etc that will explain every option and feature to you
waccoe1975

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:37 pm
waccoe1975 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:39 pm
You will do, and you'll find its a 'lot' different to geeks in terms of functionality, but there's also a ton of tutorials, documentation, examples and video's etc that will explain every option and feature to you
Thats why im switching over ,no support on geeks ,no videos ,and on twitter they just seem more interested in trolling ,and i cant remember last time they brought a new version out

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”