Trading UK footbal from Australia?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Lamom

I've been trading for a month or so now and slowing improving with the horses so have been trying UK football in the last few days.
I built a bot to back and lay the draw as described in one of the videos. The bot places the back bet, but won't place the lay. When I go into the ladder and try to place the lay there I get a message saying 'Betfair's business rules do not allow this order to be filled'.
Seems a bit strange that I can back, but not lay?
Dallas

Australian law doesn't allow its residents to bet in-play sports other than racing so Betfair will reject them

Depending on how betfair have tagged your account, (it's most likely they have tagged the account as Australian resident and that'll prevent in-play bets wherever you connect from), but there's a chance they are just checking the IP address of the incoming call.

In that case you could use a VPS or VPN to make it look like your outside Australia
Black Ladder

I take it you are aware Flutter has tracking software that exposes VPS VPN, they have had it for some time.
Dallas

Black Ladder wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:14 pm
I take it you are aware Flutter has tracking software that exposes VPS VPN, they have had it for some time.
Everyone at Bet Angel has used them 24/7 without any problems for years (including Peter has used his all over the world), and so do a large number of other Bet Angel users
Lamom

Thanks Peps,
I'll give that a go. I was using a VPN earlier, but had stopped as it was interfering in some of my other work. Much appreciated.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”