Is Bet Angel capable of back testing with this data?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
acmarston

I have a horse betting strategy idea which I've been back testing manually, and I've got quite a few different variations of this strategy to keep on testing which is going to take days and days to complete. I was just wondering if maybe Bet Angel can do this for me.

The data I'd need it to analyze would be:

The number of horses in the race
Whether or not it's a maiden race
What position the favourite came in in it's last race
If favourite placed in it's last race, how many lengths away from the winner when it finished
The Track condition of current race
The track condition of the favourite's last race
The number of days since favourite's last race
The track distance of current race
The track distance of favourite's last race
Whether or not the jockey/driver of the favourite in the current race is an apprentice or not
Whether or not the jockey/driver of the favourite in the favourite's last race was an apprentice or not
The weight of the jockey, if applicable
The weight of the jockey in the favourite's last race, if applicable.

Basically, I'd like to be able to display all this in Excel and if I can do that, I can use calculations to test it out.

I just need to know whether this can even be done or not in Bet Angel, so I can proceed.

Thanks.
ODPaul82

BA doesn't have built-in back testing capability
Realrocknrolla

acmarston wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:29 am
I have a horse betting strategy idea which I've been back testing manually, and I've got quite a few different variations of this strategy to keep on testing which is going to take days and days to complete. I was just wondering if maybe Bet Angel can do this for me.

The data I'd need it to analyze would be:

The number of horses in the race
Whether or not it's a maiden race
What position the favourite came in in it's last race
If favourite placed in it's last race, how many lengths away from the winner when it finished
The Track condition of current race
The track condition of the favourite's last race
The number of days since favourite's last race
The track distance of current race
The track distance of favourite's last race
Whether or not the jockey/driver of the favourite in the current race is an apprentice or not
Whether or not the jockey/driver of the favourite in the favourite's last race was an apprentice or not
The weight of the jockey, if applicable
The weight of the jockey in the favourite's last race, if applicable.

Basically, I'd like to be able to display all this in Excel and if I can do that, I can use calculations to test it out.

I just need to know whether this can even be done or not in Bet Angel, so I can proceed.

Thanks.
Inform Racing will back test that criteria for you!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”