Help with stop losses please

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goldfinch77

I have read the section the manual and watched peter's video on Offsetting with with stops, however I cannot get my brain to understand what "Stop trigger and Place at " mean !

I know that if I place a B2L with an offset with Greening of 50 tix thats where the profit will be, hopefully.

The bet is IP on horses, so I know the movement is very fast, what I am trying to do is get out at around 50% of my stake if the horse starts running backwards !

I have tried doing it using "green all selections" as the General tab with "Close Trade Profit Condition" withh greening when < than 50% of stake but isn't very reliable, the speed I know.

I did try to ansk the question before, which is the best way to apply a stop under the above conditions, is it with rules or stops ? which is where I started, what does "Stop trigger and Place at " mean !

Any help would be appreciated.
Dallas

Derek27

goldfinch77 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm
I have read the section the manual and watched peter's video on Offsetting with with stops, however I cannot get my brain to understand what "Stop trigger and Place at " mean !

I know that if I place a B2L with an offset with Greening of 50 tix thats where the profit will be, hopefully.

The bet is IP on horses, so I know the movement is very fast, what I am trying to do is get out at around 50% of my stake if the horse starts running backwards !

I have tried doing it using "green all selections" as the General tab with "Close Trade Profit Condition" withh greening when < than 50% of stake but isn't very reliable, the speed I know.

I did try to ansk the question before, which is the best way to apply a stop under the above conditions, is it with rules or stops ? which is where I started, what does "Stop trigger and Place at " mean !

Any help would be appreciated.
If you lay a horse at 5.0 and have a stoploss at 4.5 and the price drops to 4.5, triggering the stoploss, it's likely that the price may drop further so your stoploss won't get matched. 4.5 is where the stoploss triggers but you might want it actually placed several ticks lower to insure it gets matched.
goldfinch77

Derek27.

Ah Ha that makes some sense now.

Dallas

Thank you once again I will read of what you sent.

Just one outstanding question, is it best to set an automated stop, or a rule that greens ( reds) using rules and conditions ?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”