Help with breakeven bot

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Specallez88

Hi,
I'm trying to create a bot that will continously lay/back a selection at the same odds. So I want it to say back "rupert" at 2.2 and then immediately lay "Rupert" at the same odds. I want it to work in play and follow the market.

Disclaimer: I'm well aware that this will not make me money and that there's every possibility of bet qts not being matched leaving a liability.

I've been trying to use the "place offset" bet but obviously it requires it to he a tick above or below vest market price.

Anyone able to offer any insight in how to accomplishe this ?

Many thanks in advance
jamesg46

Can you create 2 rules. One back rule, one lay rule & fire them both at the exact same time and same odds.
ShaunWhite

Might be worth saying why you want to do this as there's probably a better way. A breakeven bot would usually work across markets because doing it on one doesn't generate any commission.
ikky

Specallez88 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:14 am
Hi,
I'm trying to create a bot that will continously lay/back a selection at the same odds. So I want it to say back "rupert" at 2.2 and then immediately lay "Rupert" at the same odds. I want it to work in play and follow the market.

Disclaimer: I'm well aware that this will not make me money and that there's every possibility of bet qts not being matched leaving a liability.

I've been trying to use the "place offset" bet but obviously it requires it to he a tick above or below vest market price.

Anyone able to offer any insight in how to accomplishe this ?

Many thanks in advance
Don't try this on Australian racing from NSW - it will cost you bombs.

Also have no idea why anyone would want to do it.
Specallez88

Thanks guys I've sort of got it working with two rules working in tandem. But I can't seem to get it to store the price of the last matched bet
Derek27

I haven't been up for long. I read the title as help with breakfast bot. :D
michaelg2708

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:10 pm
Might be worth saying why you want to do this as there's probably a better way. A breakeven bot would usually work across markets because doing it on one doesn't generate any commission.
If u back all horses in one race so as to breakeven that won't generate commission?
Derek27

michaelg2708 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:05 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:10 pm
If u back all horses in one race so as to breakeven that won't generate commission?
No. You pay commission on market profits, not profits on individual bets, so breaking even on a market pays zero commission. You need to win on one and lose on another market.
ShaunWhite

michaelg2708 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:05 pm
If it worked that way then if you broke even, and then paid commision, you'd be left with a loss.
It works as Derek said.

...and it's probably easiest to use 2 markets on the same event, such as Back 0-0 and Lay under 0.5 goals.
Specallez88

It would be on the same market.

The idea was to continuously lay the draw and then back it at the same odds every 5 seconds, so that it minimises the risk but there's a chance that the market will suspend whilst there's still a lay bet active on the draw - generating profit.

It requires a lot of liquidity in the market and fairly stable odds.
Derek27

Specallez88 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:40 am

The idea was to continuously lay the draw and then back it at the same odds every 5 seconds, so that it minimises the risk but there's a chance that the market will suspend whilst there's still a lay bet active on the draw - generating profit.

It requires a lot of liquidity in the market and fairly stable odds.
Forget your breakeven bot and make yourself a breakfast bap. :D

As the price of the draw decays downwards many of your lay bets won't be closed. You haven't said what you intend to do, e.g. accept the liability, move your back bet down for a loss, etc.
ShaunWhite

Specallez88 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:40 am
If the idea is to generate commission then you can't do it on one market because if you gross zero then commission is zero as Derek explained.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”