HELP ! automation intiation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
doubletrio

I have done a simple automation rule and applied.
however it does not initiate automatically.
if I am watching it and "highlighted the event" , it initiate and activate to place bet. if I do not highlight in guardian , no action taken.

why is that ? please help what am I doing wrong
ODPaul82

Do you have restrict refresh set in your options or a slow refresh rate set, those could cause it to not trigger
doubletrio

thank you
where is this refresh rate ?

strangest part is if I am sitting here double click and highlighted the event, it trigger
if i leave it and step away, nothing trigger
ODPaul82

On the markets tab in guardian it's at the top where it says "Refresh Rate"
Also within the main BA app under settings -> communications set "Use exchange streaming" and adjust the background market prices to have a lower refresh rate.
Anbell

doubletrio wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:24 am
thank you
where is this refresh rate ?

strangest part is if I am sitting here double click and highlighted the event, it trigger
if i leave it and step away, nothing trigger
You also have to make sure that your machine is not going to sleep
doubletrio

is not...I am sitting right in front of it
thats the frustrating part
I test re test and still do not know what the problem is.
I loaded all today racing, applied rules to all. Nothing happen !
I click highlight the event , log only display market suspended after event.
I double click , the whole market pop up in one click screen, voila ! it works exactly as plan and trigger bets 1 second after in play,

so my guess is, somewhere I did not set automactic

any help appreciated
Anbell

you need to check the refresh interval in guardian at the top of the market page, and compare that to the 'refresh every' at the top of the main BA screen
FrankArch

Had exactly the same problem myself only a few days before you. Ensure that your computer is not going inot sleep mode when you leave it. Make sure you have refresh rate set at 200ms at the top of the screen when in markets tab and remove any unused markets as if you think about it if you have 40 markets open at 1 sec refresh it will take 40 secs to cycle around. If you have rule set to trigger for say 10 secs then it will miss it. Hope this helps, complete newbie myself so sorry if I have missunderstood your problem

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”