Automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Yellow

Hello,

I would like to experiment with some automation - is it possible to set up automation on horse racing on Betdaq which will act based on odds (rather than on a specific runner)? Can't see a way of doing this? Is that something only available on the Betfair version?

Thank you.
Dallas

That's correct, in the Betdaq version you need to apply a rule to a specfic selection either by row number, order of favouritism or name
Yellow

Thank you Dallas. In the Betfair version is it possible to lay any/multiple selections based on their odds?
Dallas

Yes, in that version you can apply a rule to 'ANY' selection, and it will trigger on whichever selection/s meet your condition/s first
Jimmy2Bigg

Hi all
Rather than clog up with new threads thought I'd ask a question on this thread.....

1. If I want to run 2 different bots on Guardian - so for silly examples, lay the second favourite and lay the early front runner..... is that possible? If I use green up will it get confused greening up twice on separate bots?

2. If I want to do some of my own trading on races as well as running automation, I've seen in other threads that Guardian (as expected) would intervene at stages when I might not be finished my trade.

Is there a way around this, other than deselecting the race from guardian markets or opening a separate account in Betfair (would I need a second BetAngel sub?)

Many thanks!!!

James
Dallas

Jimmy2Bigg wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:26 am
Hi all
Rather than clog up with new threads thought I'd ask a question on this thread.....

1. If I want to run 2 different bots on Guardian - so for silly examples, lay the second favourite and lay the early front runner..... is that possible? If I use green up will it get confused greening up twice on separate bots?

2. If I want to do some of my own trading on races as well as running automation, I've seen in other threads that Guardian (as expected) would intervene at stages when I might not be finished my trade.

Is there a way around this, other than deselecting the race from guardian markets or opening a separate account in Betfair (would I need a second BetAngel sub?)

Many thanks!!!

James
You can run up to 5 separate automation file per instance of Bet Angel, you can also add multiple strategies into just one file but no matter which you do as all rules will be looking at and triggering on the same BF account you'll need to ensure they don't conflict with other

Same goes for manually trading whether you are using Bet Angel, or placing the bets via the BF website or mobile app it still the same account so they would/could impact automation you also might have running on that market

The only way to avoid this is to use multiple Betfair accounts (and you'll also need additional Bet Angel subscriptions)
Jimmy2Bigg

Thanks Dallas.

Is that something that other traders do or am I being far too over complicated?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”