offset bet help

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
frankiebishop

Afternoon - im sure that this is easy to do, but im struggling!

Here's what i would like

I would like to put an offer below the current market as an offset bet, but only want the bid triggered once im filled on the offer.

for example

i want to lay a horse at 11/10 and, once filled, immediately put a back bet in at 2/1.

So i offer 10 pound at 2.1 and, once filled, a bet of 10 pound will be put in at 3.

To enhance that, i would like the offset side of the bet, instead of being for 10 quid, to be for the amount which would would green me up.

Thanks a lot

Frankie
ANGELS15

frankiebishop wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:13 pm

Here's what i would like

I would like to put an offer below the current market as an offset bet, but only want the bid triggered once im filled on the offer.

for example

i want to lay a horse at 11/10 and, once filled, immediately put a back bet in at 2/1.

So i offer 10 pound at 2.1 and, once filled, a bet of 10 pound will be put in at 3.

To enhance that, i would like the offset side of the bet, instead of being for 10 quid, to be for the amount which would would green me up.

Thanks a lot

Frankie
I think you can set up something like this fairly easily. Firstly go into Guardian

1) Find a race to test this on.
2) Create a new rules file for that market

A) Under the 'General tab' First rule 'Place a lay bet' (rule type place a lay bet).
Arm trigger x miutes before the race, perhaps 1 minute?
Applies to selection 'Guardian nominated selection no 1'

B) Parameters tab
Place at x custom ticks below market price, say 2 ticks?
Set the stake, perhaps set it at £1 so you can test it on a few races.
Under global settings select offset bet with greening 100% This means if your offset bet is matched at double the odds of your lay bet, the software will immediately green up. The stake for the offset bet will be automatically calculated.
leave offset batches at 1

C) You may want to set conditions. Go to 'Conditions tab' perhaps select 'Fixed odds condition'
'The back odds of the selection (Guardian nominated selection 1) is < say 4/5? so you don't end up laying something at a huge price.

I'm assuming you want to keep it in-play? If so then:
D) go back to 'General' tab create rule 'keep all unmatched bets' set to trigger say 30 seconds before the race.

Hopfully this will do what you want.

Good luck.
ANGELS15

As I said hopefully this will work. If you're still stuck have a look on Youtube. Search under 'Bet Angel automation 'lay to back'. Peter Webb shows how to create the bot step by step. Worth looking/searching youtube for other automation strategies that may interest you.
frankiebishop

Thats brilliant - thank u so much. I did not really wanna go the automated route, just thought there would be a way to place an offset lay trade away from the market, which would trigger the bet side, once filled.

These are in running bets, too.

to be honest - its me being a bit of a tart. The automation side of this scared me, but i need to learn it and stop being so senile! :D

Thnaks again for your help and taking the time to reply.

Frankie
ANGELS15

frankiebishop wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:30 am
Thats brilliant - thank u so much. I did not really wanna go the automated route, just thought there would be a way to place an offset lay trade away from the market, which would trigger the bet side, once filled.

These are in running bets, too.

to be honest - its me being a bit of a tart. The automation side of this scared me, but i need to learn it and stop being so senile! :D

Thnaks again for your help and taking the time to reply.

Frankie
You're very welcome. Automation will come in useful in that you can set up the races you want to trade and leave it while you do other things, however if you're saying you prefer to do this manually then you can do it using the ladder.

On the ladder you can use the global settings to create an offset bet. Have a look on youtube search 'Using Bet Angel - Ladder screen - Global settigs offset on the ladder. Peter Webb explains it quite clearly.

You could then click on the selection, the offset bet will then be placed. I don't do ladder trading myself so I couldn't advise you much. You would need to play around with it a bit. There's an unmatched bets editor at the bottom of the ladder screen so you would need to scroll this up where it would give you the option to 'keep' your offet bet for when the race goes in play. I'm not sure whether you can green up automatically if you use this method or whether you would have to do it manually. However if you watch the ladder videos I'm sure you'll soon find out.

Good luck.
Dallas

frankiebishop wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:13 pm

Here's what i would like

for example

Thanks a lot

Frankie
Providing you are offering the lay bet at a price below the current trading price then you just need to uncross the blue cog icon to enable 'Global Settings', then select 'Offset Bet with Greening in the upper left corner of your screen
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12597

If you enable 'Fill/kill' that will prevent the offset bet with greening being placed until after the opening bet (your lay bet) is filled/matched
You can just enter a time of 99999 if you aren't bothered about having the bet killed if still unmatched after a period of time

But if you want to place a lay bet higher than the current trading price (ie, you want to place the lay at 2.0 but the current trading/lay price is anything less than 2.0) then Betfair will match it at the best available

The only to avoid that happening is to create a servant to place the lay bet for you when it reaches your required price ie, 2.0,
Just as above once the lay is matched the offset bet with greening wll be placed

There are ready-made servants you can download here that will do this, you just need to enable the offsetting part
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16235
Cannylodge

Im trying to do something similar but the opposite i guess and struggling.

Im trying to do a bot where i play a back bet between 2.24 and 10.50 with an offset lay bet of 12 ticks/stop loss of 10 ticks with greening

And most the time there is more then one selection in the race so i dont want to hedge till the start time of the race or my selection/s have all been match with the offset lay bet.

Hope this makes sense. I do have a bot up and running im not sure how i can show you my rules and what im doing wrong! Sometimes it greens at start time sometimes it holds onto my selection/s as a lay bet and goes in play so i take a lose if it wins.
Cannylodge

B2L offset stop loss greening.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cannylodge

That is the bot i created

Thank you
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:50 pm
If you enable 'Fill/kill' that will prevent...
Congratulations on your 1000th clarification of how fill/kill is also 'fill before offsetting' 🎖️👏 . You must curse the devs every day for that field description.

And always the pedant, FoK trades are strictly speaking ones that fill on arrival or cancel instantly but sports trading seems to have hijacked it to define an offer expiry duration. Its no wonder people get confused but changing it now would cause even more confusion. :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”