Advantages of betangel?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:40 am
As someone who feels they have posted up some useful code to help people trade automatically, I take a little umbrage at point 4 but hey ho.

Your posts come across as someone purely trolling for an argument, but assuming that's not the case then this is how I see things personally

BA is a tool, like any other trading tool, be it for stocks, Forex, other BF API based tools. Apart from the many "Noddy" bots out there that promise £xxx income per month (and never, ever deliver). None of the tools for the markets listed above will provide a sure fire means, out of the box, of generating income for approx £30 a month. They are all there to provide a framework to apply your own trading methods, and possibly automate them. If you want more than that you are going to be looking at a product worth £1000's +. I'm really not sure what you are expecting for the kind of money BA asks.

I've used quite a few of the BF bots on the market and do agree with you on one of the products you mentioned, as far as automated loading of markets goes - it's one of my little bug bears with BA. I use BFBM myself for straight punting, purely for that reason. It's pretty much hands free if you have some self written code or a tips site pushing out fire and forget bets. However, it's automation for anything other than basic stuff is pretty dire. It's also very slow on refresh times in comparison.

As an ex IT Professional, I picked BA as it's the only product I've used that feels professionally developed and supported, and has the look and feel of Enterprise software. Everything else looks and feels like it's been created in someone's shed.

For me BA really comes into it's own as an automation tool. I can trade tennis manually and win consistently. However, I just don't have the time to sit at a PC all day every day. BA is the only product I've found with the qualities I've listed above, that also enables me to create a bot that exactly replicates what I would do manually. Yes, it can be complex and takes time to learn but pretty much anything is possible if you have the ability and application.
if you have a strat that wins manually I've not found a better product that will replicate that in automation, at a decent price. If you know of one set me straight.
Stu - you took the time to elaborate on what i was thinking but was too lazy to produce!! 100% spot on!!

I would add to that the fact that programmes such as Photoshop and Word are used by both artisans and amateurs with amazingly disparate results.
Last edited by jimibt on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

stratmaker10 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:55 am
1. realizing that Bet Angel will not provide any working way to make money nor any guidance to do so

Bet Angel is a piece of software, it's not a sentient being that's going to tell you how to make money. If it was it would be called something like Hal's Angel.
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:57 am
sniffer66 wrote:
As someone who feels they have posted up some useful code to help people trade automatically, I take a little umbrage at point 4 but hey ho.

Your posts come across as someone purely trolling for an argument, but assuming that's not the case then this is how I see things personally

BA is a tool, like any other trading tool, be it for stocks, Forex, other BF API based tools. Apart from the many "Noddy" bots out there that promise £xxx income per month (and never, ever deliver). None of the tools for the markets listed above will provide a sure fire means, out of the box, of generating income for approx £30 a month. They are all there to provide a framework to apply your own trading methods, and possibly automate them. If you want more than that you are going to be looking at a product worth £1000's +. I'm really not sure what you are expecting for the kind of money BA asks.

I've used quite a few of the BF bots on the market and do agree with you on one of the products you mentioned, as far as automated loading of markets goes - it's one of my little bug bears with BA. I use BFBM myself for straight punting, purely for that reason. It's pretty much hands free if you have some self written code or a tips site pushing out fire and forget bets. However, it's automation for anything other than basic stuff is pretty dire. It's also very slow on refresh times in comparison.

As an ex IT Professional, I picked BA as it's the only product I've used that feels professionally developed and supported, and has the look and feel of Enterprise software. Everything else looks and feels like it's been created in someone's shed.

For me BA really comes into it's own as an automation tool. I can trade tennis manually and win consistently. However, I just don't have the time to sit at a PC all day every day. BA is the only product I've found with the qualities I've listed above, that also enables me to create a bot that exactly replicates what I would do manually. Yes, it can be complex and takes time to learn but pretty much anything is possible if you have the ability and application.
if you have a strat that wins manually I've not found a better product that will replicate that in automation, at a decent price. If you know of one set me straight.
Stu - you took the time to elaborate on what i was thinking but was too lazy to produce!! 100% spot on!!

I would add to that the fact that programmes such as Photoshop and Word are used by both artisans and amateurs with amazingly disparate results.
Cheers Jim. Agreed on the Photoshop/Word point as well. MS don't sell Word as a product that guarantees you'll become Shakespeare in 3 months, by following "these 3 simple steps" ;)
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:46 am
I think stratmaker10 makes himself look like he 100% trolling with that last post. It's just so far off the mark.
That was obvious many posts ago!
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:

Dear Fellow Gold Diggers, buy my spade and you will be rich!
jimibt

Anbell wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:27 am
jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:

as opposed to: by my spade, you will be rich :D
andy28

Anbell wrote:
jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:

Sod the spade there's a 9 tonne digger floating around the forum, I use that ;)
sniffer66

andy28 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:44 am
Anbell wrote:
jimibt wrote:

Sod the spade there's a 9 tonne digger floating around the forum, I use that ;)
You implying we have some grossly fat Aussies on board ?? ;)
Derek27

stratmaker10 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:14 am
your assuming Bet Angel can even produce something that can make money anyway.
You obviously haven't bothered reading the manual. The introduction compares Bet Angel to a high-quality set of golf clubs. It won't, on its own, make you win.
stratmaker10 wrote:
why would I share my strategies here - there is nothing like them here and nothing even talked about remotely the same
Exactly. Why would anyone share winning strategies with you or on here? We just help people create their own.
stratmaker10 wrote:
So you want me to share my own strategy - but you give a pass to Bet Angel to do the same thing ?
Who are you talking to? The suggestion that you share your strategy was purely hypothetical.
stratmaker10 wrote:
again when it comes to all these things everyone has an opinion so yeah waste of time looking in the forum for any real help in terms of strategy.
Have you heard the saying, give a man a fish and it will feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and it will feed him for life?

You seem to be looking for fish (don't know why when you can easily make $300 a day). You won't find any fish on here, but Bet Angel is a pretty good fishing rod. I wouldn't expect to purchase a fishing rod and start catching fish straight away. If you want easy money trading probably isn't for you.
wearthefoxhat

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:06 am
jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:

Cheers Jim. Agreed on the Photoshop/Word point as well. MS don't sell Word as a product that guarantees you'll become Shakespeare in 3 months, by following "these 3 simple steps" ;)

Step 1
“Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast.”

Step 2
“Boldness be my friend.”

Step 3
“This above all; to thine own self be true.”
Trader Pat

"A horse! a horse! I blew my bank on a three legged horse!"
Euler

I appreciate the efforts people have gone to, to highlight the many issues with this new posters arguments. But rather than encouraging a circular argument on a hijacked thread. Let's get back to business.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”