Advantages of betangel?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
firlandsfarm

stratmaker10 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:26 am
If I was Bet Angel and I wanted to really push my product to the top of the list - I would focus on one idea - and build it out start to finish and give users a chance to make some money ... just my opinion and as we know everyone has one of those.
It can never happen for if such a video was produced the edge it was exploiting would quickly disappear almost overnight as so many would seek to profit from it and by the second day the profit would be in taking the counter position!
Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:14 am
stratmaker10 wrote:
If I was Bet Angel and I wanted to really push my product to the top of the list - I would focus on one idea - and build it out start to finish and give users a chance to make some money ... just my opinion and as we know everyone has one of those.
It can never happen for if such a video was produced the edge it was exploiting would quickly disappear almost overnight as so many would seek to profit from it and by the second day the profit would be in taking the counter position!
+1
Anbell

stratmaker10 wrote:
it is pretty funny really these types of threads bring out all sorts of people as well as the nut jobs.

I think what I was referring too - was I go to youtube and watch a BA GH strategy video - it says look for track/box bias to build a strategy around .. that would take thousands of bets to formulate and bet and would be above most peoples bankroll to squeeze out a relatively small profit

because there is no real strategy behind it - other than a tendency for an event to occur but it could have a long losing streak for you to handle - which limits your bet size -- then you have to keep in mind the overall market size of GH in the first place .. if you bet too large you influence the market yourself.

As far as me doing a video giving away how I build strategy - the thing is I have nothing to prove - why would I go and just give away the secret to building winning automated strategy - when I look here and there is nothing really like it available and no thought process towards building that type of strategy.

Most of the strategy here is built around trading the market - this does not interest me to put $200-$300 into the market to make $5-$6 per race assuming you can find enough instances for this to be profitable.

Bet Angel really covers 80% of what you need but it lacks that finished polish to make it really good -- but I do take the point someone made - that you gotta work to customize it alot to get it close to what your used too with other software.

** as far as the offer for winning strategy or whatever that was - I got no interest because if your here in this forum using these ideas to build your strategy then obviously I do not know you or your ideas but your just a minnow - and I doubt it would be worth my time. The only person who makes you sit up and take notice when they say something is Dallas.

Thank god you're not BetAngel
Trader Pat

I'm not really sure what point the OP is trying to make. It seems to me he has more of a problem with trading itself than with the software.

Something tells me he won't stick around to make it to 100 posts.
Derek27

stratmaker10 wrote:
I assume BA is at or near the top of the list, but that idea would send them down to the bottom. One of the best things about BA is its functionality and that it caters for all sports and all types of traders. Frequent updates, users can request features and they often get added at the next update. Few traders make a living from one idea - doors close and other doors open.

I've trialled all the software several years ago so I don't know what the others are like now but I heard from another user that GT doesn't have frequent updates or new features added.
ShaunWhite

This whole idea that strategies can be shared is flawed, markets have a maximum amount of profit that can be extracted so the sum of everyone's profits obviously can't exceed that. But if I'm wrong then the problem of global poverty has been resolved, just tell everyone how to lay the draw.
ANGELS15

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:23 pm
This whole idea that strategies can be shared is flawed, markets have a maximum amount of profit that can be extracted so the sum of everyone's profits obviously can't exceed that. But if I'm wrong then the problem of global poverty has been resolved, just tell everyone how to lay the draw.
Always amazes me when people think they can do this totally defeats the idea of having an edge.
stratmaker10

Hmmm lots of negativity but not unexpected.

So people think BetAngel should just release the software and not show anyone how to actually make money with it ... I find that pretty interesting

Seems weird to me to think that if BetAngel showed a strategy to its users that it would not make money anymore ... basically your saying that BetAngel client volume would be more than the rest of Betfair and the edge would disappear .. I doubt it .. most people probably use BetAngel 6 months and then give up anyway.

Besides just make a strategy for MLB Saturday Races as the example - I doubt it would overwhelm that liquidity.

Ultimately if your cruising these forums too much and getting poisoned by the ideas presented here - then your probably not developing winning strategy anyway

So I just cycled through the forums ... Newbies / Tips / Excel / Spreadsheets / Automation ... not a single idea to help someone make any money or any guide to doing so .. the only real value I saw was from Dallas again when he spoke about alerts in certain situations .. which may hold some value.

This might be great for some people - but this is why when I came back to the original thought of the advantages of BetAngel -- it really is not market leading in any sense at this point ... it probably has the best helper on the planet in Dallas ... but as far as everything else goes - it holds little advantage.

Again its just my opinion and that is just one in an ocean of them. As far as me being here in a year - why would I be on the forum at all - other than to just get the most basic of help when your starting out ... there is no chance of learning anything else here.

You could go over to Punting Form and use their system builder and then build something to just bet those selections and have more success than sitting here on the forums day after day.

Ok good luck with your punting -- cheers.
Derek27

stratmaker10 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:18 am

So people think BetAngel should just release the software and not show anyone how to actually make money with it ... I find that pretty interesting

Seems weird to me to think that if BetAngel showed a strategy to its users that it would not make money anymore ... basically your saying that BetAngel client volume would be more than the rest of Betfair and the edge would disappear .. I doubt it .. most people probably use BetAngel 6 months and then give up anyway.

Besides just make a strategy for MLB Saturday Races as the example - I doubt it would overwhelm that liquidity.

Ultimately if your cruising these forums too much and getting poisoned by the ideas presented here - then your probably not developing winning strategy anyway

So I just cycled through the forums ... Newbies / Tips / Excel / Spreadsheets / Automation ... not a single idea to help someone make any money or any guide to doing so .. the only real value I saw was from Dallas again when he spoke about alerts in certain situations .. which may hold some value.

This might be great for some people - but this is why when I came back to the original thought of the advantages of BetAngel -- it really is not market leading in any sense at this point ... it probably has the best helper on the planet in Dallas ... but as far as everything else goes - it holds little advantage.

Again its just my opinion and that is just one in an ocean of them. As far as me being here in a year - why would I be on the forum at all - other than to just get the most basic of help when your starting out ... there is no chance of learning anything else here.

You could go over to Punting Form and use their system builder and then build something to just bet those selections and have more success than sitting here on the forums day after day.

It's really simple. If your strategy involves backing a selection at 8.4 and you share it, somebody else may have taken whatever's available at 8.4, so you might have to take 8.2. Same applies when closing your trade, so you've lost some of your margin. If enough people are using it you may decide not to trade that particular market so you're just giving away your profits. If it was really possible to give away a winning strategy that everybody can use, everybody in the country who's struggling to pay their bills would simply quit their job, subscribe to BA and make their $300 a day. Everybody who's currently losing would do the same. Where's all the losing money going to come from?

Nobody sits on the forum all day. We're all trading and chatting in between trades or events.
stratmaker10 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:54 pm
I could make a video in 2 minutes and show you how to make $300 a day using any Betfair tool you want to use

but I do not because I do not even want to give a hint on how to do it.
If you're convinced everybody could use your strategy without adverse effects, why don't you want to give a hint on how to do it?

If you're not willing to share your strategies why do you think anyone else would?
andy28

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:32 am
stratmaker10 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:18 am

It's really simple. If your strategy involves backing a selection at 8.4 and you share it, somebody else may have taken whatever's available at 8.4, so you might have to take 8.2. Same applies when closing your trade, so you've lost some of your margin. If enough people are using it you may decide not to trade that particular market so you're just giving away your profits. If it was really possible to give away a winning strategy that everybody can use, everybody in the country who's struggling to pay their bills would simply quit their job, subscribe to BA and make their $300 a day. Everybody who's currently losing would do the same. Where's all the losing money going to come from?

Nobody sits on the forum all day. We're all trading and chatting in between trades or events.
stratmaker10 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:54 pm
I could make a video in 2 minutes and show you how to make $300 a day using any Betfair tool you want to use

but I do not because I do not even want to give a hint on how to do it.
If you're convinced everybody could use your strategy without adverse effects, why don't you want to give a hint on how to do it?

If you're not willing to share your strategies why do you think anyone else would?
Where's all the losing money going to come from?

Exactly
stratmaker10

your assuming Bet Angel can even produce something that can make money anyway.

why would I share my strategies here - there is nothing like them here and nothing even talked about remotely the same

So you want me to share my own strategy - but you give a pass to Bet Angel to do the same thing ?

again when it comes to all these things everyone has an opinion so yeah waste of time looking in the forum for any real help in terms of strategy.
jimibt

to paraphrase Benjamin Franklin:

..in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the recurrence of threads like this :lol:
stratmaker10

I think this thread has enormous value:

1. realizing that Bet Angel will not provide any working way to make money nor any guidance to do so
2. that posters here expect that individuals will provide working methods but not make the same requirement for BA
3. everyone is a hero behind a keyboard
4. the only person who provides any value at all is Dallas
5. Bet Angel videos are more for marketing that any direct assistance
6. do not believe most of what is written here

so many more but you get the idea.

Bet Angel is one piece of software - try them all and see what best fits what your looking for - that is what free trials are for - and too BA's credit they do provide a great free trial to check everything out.

LOL at the guy asking me to post working methods -- that is one of the all time classics.
sniffer66

As someone who feels they have posted up some useful code to help people trade automatically, I take a little umbrage at point 4 but hey ho.

Your posts come across as someone purely trolling for an argument, but assuming that's not the case then this is how I see things personally

BA is a tool, like any other trading tool, be it for stocks, Forex, other BF API based tools. Apart from the many "Noddy" bots out there that promise £xxx income per month (and never, ever deliver). None of the tools for the markets listed above will provide a sure fire means, out of the box, of generating income for approx £30 a month. They are all there to provide a framework to apply your own trading methods, and possibly automate them. If you want more than that you are going to be looking at a product worth £1000's +. I'm really not sure what you are expecting for the kind of money BA asks.

I've used quite a few of the BF bots on the market and do agree with you on one of the products you mentioned, as far as automated loading of markets goes - it's one of my little bug bears with BA. I use BFBM myself for straight punting, purely for that reason. It's pretty much hands free if you have some self written code or a tips site pushing out fire and forget bets. However, it's automation for anything other than basic stuff is pretty dire. It's also very slow on refresh times in comparison.

As an ex IT Professional, I picked BA as it's the only product I've used that feels professionally developed and supported, and has the look and feel of Enterprise software. Everything else looks and feels like it's been created in someone's shed.

For me BA really comes into it's own as an automation tool. I can trade tennis manually and win consistently. However, I just don't have the time to sit at a PC all day every day. BA is the only product I've found with the qualities I've listed above, that also enables me to create a bot that exactly replicates what I would do manually. Yes, it can be complex and takes time to learn but pretty much anything is possible if you have the ability and application.
if you have a strat that wins manually I've not found a better product that will replicate that in automation, at a decent price. If you know of one set me straight.
Euler

I think stratmaker10 makes himself look like he 100% trolling with that last post. It's just so far off the mark.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”