How do you become a winning trader then

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Kai

Youtube can obviously be many things, don't really see why educational content can't be entertaining as well at times, not sure these are mutually exclusive concepts, after all there is only a small number of ways that a Youtube content creator can grab the viewer's attention.

Content creators know how important the first few seconds of any video are, they only have mere seconds to try and grab their attention, regardless of what goes on in the rest of the video. Sure, that's a bit messed up and unfair overall but that's psychology as well.
FattyGoLucky

Popularity can be a poor guide to quality
Trader724

I don't know how YouTube works, but there's certainly inside info that can be as beneficial as in any other area. I posted one video and I got a few subscribers to 10000+ views and after I deleted it the number of subscribers doubled. :lol:
elofan0

You tube is a great tool for looking up software you may want to try etc like betangel for instance and beneficial to new users of this software alone .. there are a few ive spotted have their own channels that are members on here
LeTiss

I'm afraid social media in general has given rise to charlatans and bullshitters

Twitter is a prime example
I was once followed by an account that claimed to be a Betfair full-time trader, so I followed him back.....within days I received a DM asking me how I make a living :o

It didn't take me long to deduce that this fella was basically a one-armed man trying to wipe his bum and scratch his head at the same time

He's now disappeared
elofan0

i agree but like anywhere there is good n bad info you have the option to choose between BS and what you feel is an educational angle .. many tutorials on there from top software makers on how to use their software .. i for one get bored with reading and so i dont take it all in i skip to what i feel are the main points ... so a video tutorial is an advantage tool .
Euler

Plenty of decent content on there and people with genuine intent, but it's increasingly getting drowned out. Just talking generally here.

I watch some great documentaries and mini-documentaries, but when I log in all the recommendations are clickbait produced in somebodies bedroom. I have to go to the channels I like and watch the latest uploads to get content I want.

Shame really, but that algorithm is feeding off some basic human instincts. I think that is why people are, rightly, worried about the impact 'AI' will have in general.
Trader724

RS beats AI every time. 😃
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 am
Plenty of decent content on there and people with genuine intent, but it's increasingly getting drowned out. Just talking generally here.

I watch some great documentaries and mini-documentaries, but when I log in all the recommendations are clickbait produced in somebodies bedroom. I have to go to the channels I like and watch the latest uploads to get content I want.

Shame really, but that algorithm is feeding of some basic human instincts. I think that is why people are, rightly, worried about the impact 'AI' in general.
I quite like the way YT's algo recommends channels based on my browsing/subs preferences. Easy enough to ignore them and watch my preferred channels if I wanted to. The algo does throw up a nugget from time to time.
LeTiss

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:40 am
I quite like the way YT's algo recommends channels based on my browsing/subs preferences. Easy enough to ignore them and watch my preferred channels if I wanted to. The algo does throw up a nugget from time to time.
That's OK if you're an experienced enough trader to recognise the occasional nugget.

That's not great for newbies who probably think everything they see on YT is a potential nugget
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:40 am
Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 am

Shame really, but that algorithm is feeding of some basic human instincts. I think that is why people are, rightly, worried about the impact 'AI' in general.
I use YT mainly for music but if you show YT just the slightest interest in betting or trading it thinks you're interested in hearing from anyone who can show you how to get rich quick!
Euler

I keep getting Greg Secker adverts before I try and watch Kraig Adams on a fantastic hike somewhere.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:51 pm
I keep getting Greg Secker adverts before I try and watch Kraig Adams on a fantastic hike somewhere.
Almost every bloody video I watch has a Greg Secker advert… I’m sick of seeing his new car that he bought with his easy 123 trading strategy.
jamesg46

Sucker for punishment really because most of my time on YT is spent watching market profile & volume profile analysis videos. I’m just feeding the beast.
Crumpets

Really losing my temper with this 2 minute reset.
I feel like I'm having to close my trades early to avoid this snap.

Just want advice on what to do. I know some traders like to wait 30 odd seconds for the market to settle down again, but I don't like trading that late on.

So is there no other option? Really like to know what 'proper traders' do about this. Does everybody just close up 150 seconds out???

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”