Moving To BetAngel from Trader line - Help needed!

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
affront

So, I'm finally planning on moving all my trading over from the Trader line platform to Bet Angel after 6 years using their software. I've actually had an active subscription for BA for the past few months but because I was use to my setup on other software I've carried on using it. Anyway, that subscription is ending so it's forced me to actually get round to using BA properly!

I spent this afternoon setting everything up (replicating the ladder, sounds and graphs to what I am used to and find helpful) and I've sorted the vast majority of it but there are a small number of features available in other software that I was wondering if are available in Bet Angel and I have missed the settings for...

1) Is there a way to show your current exposure (alongside the balance / username)? It's a useful feature to me to keep track of how much is where, alongside my "overall" balance (exposure & balance). Something like this:
exp.JPG
2) Is there a way to default the market to go to the ladder setting rather than one click? Not a big issue, I just figured there probably was and I couldn't see it

3) Is there a way to remove the current market open on the software without replacing it with another one? I like to close all trading screens down if leaving the computer for a while in case my wife comes on it and clicks something by mistake!

4) When I open up a 2nd/3rd window they are missing the "unmatched bets" - how do I get it to appear? I only trade live cricket and on occasion I need to cancel both sides of the ladder very quickly (ideally with 1 click) so the "cancel all" button is very useful for all markets I'm trading - plus I do like to see a list of all open bets for each market.

5) Is there any way to get more horizontal lines on the charts? It's useful to know the recent exact prices at a glance (wirthout having to zoom in each time). To give you an idea this is how other software looked (easy to instantly tell) and my current BA setup:
ba.png
tl.JPG
Looking at it now, it's a fairly terrible example as the trading range is very different on both, but the number of horizontal lines is alway considerably more on TL than on BA, so I was just wondering if it's possible to add more?

6) I'm almost certain this one isn't available (hopefully I'm wrong!) but it's the one (and pretty much only!) feauture where I believe TL has a big advantage over BA and that's the ability to have multiple markets open on one screen using tabs, as you would in any browser. It makes it very quick and easy to move from one to another. I understand you can open many windows at once in BA but if you want them full screen and to change between them frequently (something I do) then it seems a bit of a faff.

Anyway, I'm glad I've finaly transitioned. I was always aware BA had considerably more features than other software and if I wasn't such a habitual person I would have made the move a long time ago! Hopefully a few of the things I brought up are solveable with settings I'm missing - thanks for any help in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

1) Not next to your username/balance per-se but you could display it in the additional info area of your ladders or in a custom column on your one-click screen.
If either of those are any use I can give you instructions on how to set it up

2) If opening a market manually you can right click and select open market on ladder screen
Or if you have the markets in Guardian you can add a rule to them so they automatically open on your ladder when its gets to 'X seconds from the start

3) No, once a market has been opened it can't be closed unless opening a new one in its place, but I just select the 'Desktop' tab when stepping away from the computer for a while

4) The unmatched bets area is always located below the main trading interface, you may need to drag the thin blue line upwards to bring it into view
OC Screens.JPG

Or if using the ladder trading screen you could 'Display a markets unmatched bets' window by right-clicking on a market from the market selection window, Guardian etc,
Mkt Sel.JPG

If you click on 'bets' in the upper left corner you can sync that to the market under your mouse cursor, so as your cursors hovers over different markets it will display just the unmatched bets from that market so you can use one universal window to display the unmatched bets from the market you are looking at

5) Yes, you can fully configure your advanced charts to show just about anything you want in the advanced charts editor
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/adv ... ditor.html

Looking at your image you need to add some 'Price Envelopes' in the 'Data Series Type'
(bottom right area of the editor window)

6) If you have multiple markets open (and minimized or out of view) you can hover over the BA icon in your task bar it will show a tab for each market with a number

Or you might find it useful to use Watch lists which can show all your markets in a small screen space and you can open each one with a single click
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gua ... lists.html

Or the Quick bet tickets might help for showing just minimal information while still allowing bets to be placed with one click or the market to be opened up onto a full screen
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/qui ... icket.html

Think thats them all covered but anything unclear or if you need anything else just post back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:27 pm
1) Not next to your username/balance per-se but you could display it in the additional info area of your ladders or in a custom column on your one-click screen.
Hi Dallas. I would like to know how to display my current exposure please.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:09 pm
Dallas wrote:
I think I may have mis read that part, depending how the term exposure is being used, if it's the exposure from the amount of unsettled bets then it can't currently be done
but if its the exposure/liability on a market or total across several markets that can be done
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:17 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Dallas wrote:
I think I may have mis read that part, depending how the term exposure is being used, if it's the exposure from the amount of unsettled bets then it can't currently be done
but if its the exposure/liability on a market or total across several markets that can be done
What I'm really after is the value of my remaining available balance taking into account the Betfair enforced maximum liability threshold. Currently I do this using [exposure limit] - [statement balance ] + [available balance] but I can't find any way to bring back 'statement balance' into Guardian so I manually update it every day to keep it relatively up to date.
affront

Thanks Dallas, that's extremely useful! Going to sort all of that out in the morning, much appreciated!

And it was simply the exposure/liability across all markets that I was hoping to show, so if there is a way to show it on the ladders screen that would be great to know - thanks again, a big help!
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:17 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

What I'm really after is the value of my remaining available balance taking into account the Betfair enforced maximum liability threshold. Currently I do this using [exposure limit] - [statement balance ] + [available balance] but I can't find any way to bring back 'statement balance' into Guardian so I manually update it every day to keep it relatively up to date.
That's something that can't be done yet, without some additional SV's.
I should think just having your current exposure as a SV is all you'd need?
Dallas

affront wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:48 pm
Thanks Dallas, that's extremely useful! Going to sort all of that out in the morning, much appreciated!

And it was simply the exposure/liability across all markets that I was hoping to show, so if there is a way to show it on the ladders screen that would be great to know - thanks again, a big help!
Yes, that can be done, it requires a few rules to be created to gather up your current liabilities from all markets, it's fairly straight forward to set up but probably a bit complex to explain if you haven't created a rules file or used SV's yet
If you can give me a few days I'll put one together for users to download and use, it will then just need to be applied to all the markets you want to trade each day.

When I post it it'll be in the customization area of the forum which can be found here if you want to look at the existing files available for download
viewforum.php?f=62

and i'll also pop a note on the end of this thread with a direct link
affront

Great, thanks so much!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”