Estimated position in queue

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
affront

On my Bet Angel the estimated position in queue is fairly innaccurate compared to other software (TL). I'm only trading live markets, so there is the standard 5 second delay, during which if any money comes in the ~2 seconds before mine it doesn't seem to include it. Considering I'm using a very old version of TL (7+ years) and pretty much everything else about BA is better than it, it makes me think I've missed a setting rather than this feature on BA being faulty! Below is a fairly typical screen I'm getting on BA and TL at (roughly) the same time on the same market - as you can see pretty much all estimates are different with BA thinking my money entered the market before others.

qu.JPG
q.png

I know it's an estimate but TL's estimates are really accurate, and always more so than the BA ones. I know to some this isn't a big deal but to me it's a fairly essential featute for trading live cricket and it's the one and only reason I haven't fully transitioned across and I'm using both sets of software (only feasible in the very short term!) as the BA "position in queue estimate" is just way too inaccurate on my setup. I have the refresh rate set to the quickest setting on the main screen, and can't think what else I might be missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

other software (Can You Make A Teriyaki In Cardiff) was very accurate with PIQs, which I used to rely on, but since I've switched to BA I've stopped scalping racing markets or don't trade heavily congested prices so I switched it off. From what I remember it wasn't quite as accurate as the old software and was introduced due to popular demand, so perhaps the algorithm can be improved.
affront

Thanks - I guess it's just not a priority for most BA customers, which is understandable. I just wanted to check there wasn't a setting or tool I was missing that made it more accurate. I might look into getting a subscription to the site you mentioned to use alongside BA when my TL subscription ends
Euler

We can tweak the algorithm, but when I last checked Bet Angel was the only one to take account of all the effects of cross matching and offer you the chance to calculate locally. That may explain the difference. We implemented the XM algorithm before it was even available on the API. So you have the option of using the core data from the exchange with Bet Angel overlaying the full algorithm locally or you can use the one provided by the Betfair API.

Most other vendors didn't do any work in terms of implementing the actual algorithm, they just waited for Betfair to put it into the API. On Bet Angel you can use either.

I actually use my version of Bet Angel without any cross matching as it shows me the underlying state of the market and I prefer to work in that, rather than with a ton of virtual bets.

If you go to settings / behaviour / virtual bet display, you can toggle some settings that are already there to see if achieves what you want.
affront

Great, thanks very much, I'll give that a try
Derek27

Thanks for the info Peter. It's on by default, I've never tried flicking the switch before.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”