Today's card refresh in Bet Angel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
vetinry

Good afternoon
I've managed to get some automation up and running and so we'll have to see how that goes

A couple more questions if anyone is able to help
Firstly, in Bet Angel, is it possible to refresh "today's card" without exiting BA and logging back in - When I come back to my PC in the morning, it still has yesterday's race card up and I can't seem to find a away of refreshing to current day's card

Secondly, within Guardian, I have downloaded a Tennis filter for all ATP / WTA matches, excluding qualifiers etc. I see there is a choice to have it looking just for today / today and tomorrow up to a week.

Is there an easy way to select all of the selections and add them to the market tab and can this be done automatically and then a rule applied automatically (ie set and forget)

And Is there a way to get guardian to automatically check each day for new selections and then add the new selections to the markets section, again adding the rule.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Steve
Dallas

At the top of the market selection window there is an icon with two green arrows - clicking that will refresh the markets

If you untick the 'Fliter market by start time box' at the top of the market filter window that will then find all the markets on Betfair matching the rest of the filters criteria

There's no way to auto check/load markets, you need to initiate each search manually.
This is due to a Betfair restriction as they are worried allowing auto searches would lead to people to abuse this and continually calling their servers looking for new markets and they don't want this excessive load on their servers

You can use the keyboard short cut editor and create shortcut keys to find, load and apply rules to markets
You can even apply them all to the same key so that with one push you can find, load, and apply specfic rules to certain markets

The following post will walk you through the steps to set this up
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18920
vetinry

Thanks Dallas
I literally found the refresh for the market selector just before I read your reply and now I'll take a look at keyboard shortcuts.
Appreciate your help
Best wishes
Steve
vetinry

OK
I've managed to get a key shortcut set up which seems to work fine for load the selections I want and then applying some rules. That's great
I can't quite understand the coupon part. Although there are filters available, there doesn't appear to be a way to load in a pre saved filter (such as ATP / WTA matches) and I can't seem to edit the filter function in the coupon to get the same list.
Is it possible to import a filter to a new coupon or at least assign one to it. I've tried via the coupon editor at the bottom of the guardian screen and via the coupon tab in Watch list
Or am I just confused again
Cheers
Steve
Dallas

vetinry wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:18 pm
OK
I've managed to get a key shortcut set up which seems to work fine for load the selections I want and then applying some rules. That's great
I can't quite understand the coupon part. Although there are filters available, there doesn't appear to be a way to load in a pre saved filter (such as ATP / WTA matches) and I can't seem to edit the filter function in the coupon to get the same list.
Is it possible to import a filter to a new coupon or at least assign one to it. I've tried via the coupon editor at the bottom of the guardian screen and via the coupon tab in Watch list
Or am I just confused again
Cheers
Steve
You can't import a filter into a coupon, but its one and the same editor so you'll be able to recreate whatever the stand alone filter does as part of your coupon
vetinry

Hi Dallas
Thanks for the clarification
The filter that I'm referring to is one that you kindly provided a link to - its the ATP / WTA filter which is for main matches only and excludes challengers / qualifiers etc
I can't seem to find a way of creating this using the filter options that I have, which appear to be much more basic. I'll take a look in the help files and see if I can work out how to do it
Cheers
Steve
Dallas

vetinry wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:35 am
Hi Dallas
Thanks for the clarification
The filter that I'm referring to is one that you kindly provided a link to - its the ATP / WTA filter which is for main matches only and excludes challengers / qualifiers etc
I can't seem to find a way of creating this using the filter options that I have, which appear to be much more basic. I'll take a look in the help files and see if I can work out how to do it
Cheers
Steve
The filter options will be the same for everyone, they haven't been any changes to that since it was introduced a few versions ago

It could be the window isn't being displayed properly/fully, and if thats the case other windows throughout BA will also not all be displayed fully
If you post a screenshot of it i'll be able to tell you if that is the case

If it was to resolve it you'd just need to set your Windows to the Normal font setting of 96dpi/100%/normal scaling.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”