Betangel doesn't seem to be using rules

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
awhitfield123

Hi everyone,
complete newbie and as green as they come so please be kind.
Basically i signed up to Bet Angel a week ago and have started to watch some videos and have a play around. I am looking at getting into trading after a successful 8 years matched betting.
So i have downloaded the lay the draw and green up after goal. I have selected the markets in guardian and applied them in the automation rule section drop down. However Bet Angel doesn't seem to be going in and checking the market for the conditions and placing my bets.
It will Lay the draw at the start of the match for £10 but then when a goal goes in nothing else happens, i have to manually cash out. I know this may be a bit vague but i am wondering if i missing on clicking something simple to activate the automation once i have imported and applied it to my selected market but from watching Peters videos it appears not???
Hate being a newbie lol.
Any advice would be welcome thankyou in advance.

Andrew
Screenshot (3).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Is Bet Angel still open and running and your PC no in sleep/hibernation mode? (just checking if you are cashing out on your mobile or other device)?

If Bet Angel is still open and running, which matches are you using it on?
Its configured to work on fairly even matches where the draw odds will drift a similar amount no matter who scores
but if using on a game with a strong fav and the underdog scores the draw odds will actually shorten as the draw then becomes more likely
awhitfield123

Hi Dallas
thanks for your reply. i still have Bet Angel open and my laptop in normal mode. The favourite scored and there was an option to green up for £3 but Bet Angel didn't do it automatically??
I did exactly as shown in the video, just downloaded the file, imported it to Guardian, selected my market and selcted the automation in the drop down menu. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Did you check the log and automation tab below the bottom window in Guardian?

Just in case the rule trigger but due to a fast moving market you weren't matched in any of the attempts?
tbh that would be very unlikely (after 3 attempts) but its the first place to check just to ensure it actually did/didn't trigger

If you try it on todays Community Shield, both teams are fairly evenly matched so once a goal is scored it should trigger

If not grab some screenshots of the log tab and automation tab below the bottom window in Guardian
eatyourgreens

Have you checked your refresh rates/restricted refresh?
awhitfield123

The same happened with the liv vs man city game??
any ideas
awhitfield123

theses are the rules from thr file i downloaded???
Dallas

The file is definitely 100% working (assuming it hasn't been edited which it doesn't look like you have)

It's a very basic file in terms of automation so nothing really to conflict within it or stop it working

Did you check you restricted refresh options on the Advanced Tab of Guardian as eatyourgreens mentioned earlier to ensure it's unticked or not restricted to pre-off only?
awhitfield123

Thanks Dallas again for your help.

this is a photo of what i think you mentioned in your last comment.

Much appreciated
fish2

It has a condition asking for 0-0 'odds' to be over 40, so I would assume the check 0-0 rule hasn't been applied, if you are using the rules from here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043
It looks like the correct score market for the 0-0 needs adding too (I haven't used this automation though!)
Dallas

fish2 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:34 pm
It has a condition asking for 0-0 'odds' to be over 40, so I would assume the check 0-0 rule hasn't been applied, if you are using the rules from here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043
It looks like the correct score market for the 0-0 needs adding too (I haven't used this automation though!)
Thats a good spot fish2 and will 100% be the cause

I'd assumed he was using the original Lay the Draw file (maybe because thats the only part of the name visible in the very first image)
and I never took much notice of the rule name after that in later screenshots

So as fish2 correctly identified and said for that file to work you need to also add the CS market for that match and download and apply the CS score automation file from that thread

You can enable the additional Automation files column on your list tab of Guardian using the column chooser shown on this page of the user guide
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/market_list.html

BTW, your restrict fresh settings were fine so once you've added the additional market and rules file you'll be good to go
awhitfield123

Hi
the file is called lay the draw & green up if profit here is a screenshot of a rule with odds of 40.
i might just try another automation and see if this works.

thanks for your help
Dallas

awhitfield123 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:50 pm
Hi
the file is called lay the draw & green up if profit here is a screenshot of a rule with odds of 40.
i might just try another automation and see if this works.

thanks for your help
I know which file it is now and it is part of a pair of files (one won't work without the other), that condition is looking for the price of the draw - which it gets from a rule in the 'Check 0-0 CS and Store Odds rule' as shown in the image at the top of the post the file was downloaded from
fish2

Yeah, the other baf file checks the 0-0 price on the correct score market, and needs to be applied to the correct score market.
The 'odds' condition on the match odds market baf should be matched if a goal is then scored.
awhitfield123

i will try it tomorrow and let you know
thanks both appreciate your time :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”