v system by matt fyles

panda32

Hello all, i am very new to trading.

So i managed to get my hands on the V System from Matt Fyles. It was a £6,000 a head 2 day training course and they also released it as a home study course with videos from the 2 day training.

This course is 10 years old now....

I wanted to see if there was anyone else using this now in trading. There is one part which looks great, trading on the pre event on horse racing, mainly 5 mins before the race begins. I tried having a go on this yesterday but there really wasnt any trading opportunities. I think it was maybe down to the liquidly in the market? The prices on the favourite just wasnt moving.

if anyone has any advice on this it would be great
Archery1969

Wasn't this largely thought to be a total con ?
panda32

Being 10 years old i am not sure if the methods work anymore. The betangel software hasn't really changed since then, at least from the settings matt flyles uses. So it was pretty straight forward to follow the settings used.

The main method i am using is the pre event horse racing and around 5 mins before the race. Opening up a custom chart using candles and using that chart to wait for a trading opportunity.

I had a go on Monday using the practice mode in betangel. I seemed to do ok and had a few profitable trades, Yesterday (tuesday) There wasnt really much movement on the favourites on pretty much every race. UK Only. I am guessing that there wasnt enough liquidly in the market, although the money in the market ranged from £100,000 to £300,000

I am just wondering if yesterday was a crap day for trading....
panda32

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:34 am
I dont think so, watching the videos there is a great deal of information and also live trading examples. Which still seem to work.
Archery1969

panda32 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:49 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:34 am
I dont think so, watching the videos there is a great deal of information and also live trading examples. Which still seem to work.
Cool.
wearthefoxhat

panda32 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:48 am
Being 10 years old i am not sure if the methods work anymore. The betangel software hasn't really changed since then, at least from the settings matt flyles uses. So it was pretty straight forward to follow the settings used.

The main method i am using is the pre event horse racing and around 5 mins before the race. Opening up a custom chart using candles and using that chart to wait for a trading opportunity.

I had a go on Monday using the practice mode in betangel. I seemed to do ok and had a few profitable trades, Yesterday (tuesday) There wasnt really much movement on the favourites on pretty much every race. UK Only. I am guessing that there wasnt enough liquidly in the market, although the money in the market ranged from £100,000 to £300,000

I am just wondering if yesterday was a crap day for trading....

On Ebay it's advertised @ £750 a pop. (no returns)

VSystem.png

You say it uses Bet Angel settings and a custom chart setting, 5 minutes before the off.

2012 v 2022 liquidity/volume will be different, so I reckon the entry times may be nearer 2 minutes before the off. The sweet spot is something you have to judge over time.

Here's an old "review."

review.png

Also reckon it'll be a slow burner, so don't expect £17k a month immediately...depends on your stakes of course...

My Spidey senses are tingling....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
panda32

@wearthefoxhat

Thanks for that, yes advertised on Ebay, but i didnt pay anywhere near that.

The chart uses 100 data points and 5 seconds of activity. I was thinking maybe this needs to changed? Maybe down to 1 second and 50 data points.. Not sure if you have any experience with this? I guess the only way of knowing is to test and test.....
Trader Pat

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am
2012 v 2022 liquidity/volume will be different......
Very good point.

Last week I was looking back at some trades I'd recorded in 2017. Difference between then and now is night and day. Not just volume but liquidity.

As general advice to a newcomer to trading I'd say don't buy any systems, ebooks etc.... They're mostly BS. Take a look at the FREE videos on Bet Angel's Youtube channel and the videos on the academy and compare them to what you paid for. Would be interested to see if you think there's a difference. I saw a few videos that another 'pro' trader has as part of their video pack and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them to anyone even if they were free.

I can't speak about Matt Fyles because I don't know who he is but I remember around 10 years ago everyone and their dog was selling courses, video packs, e-books etc...

EDIT: Also horse racing markets behave very differently now than they used to especially around the 2 minute mark.
panda32

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:26 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am
2012 v 2022 liquidity/volume will be different......
Very good point.

Last week I was looking back at some trades I'd recorded in 2017. Difference between then and now is night and day. Not just volume but liquidity.

As general advice to a newcomer to trading I'd say don't buy any systems, ebooks etc.... They're mostly BS. Take a look at the FREE videos on Bet Angel's Youtube channel and the videos on the academy and compare them to what you paid for. Would be interested to see if you think there's a difference. I saw a few videos that another 'pro' trader has as part of their video pack and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them to anyone even if they were free.

I can't speak about Matt Fyles because I don't know who he is but I remember around 10 years ago everyone and their dog was selling courses, video packs, e-books etc...

EDIT: Also horse racing markets behave very differently now than they used to especially around the 2 minute mark.
Thanks, yes i am going through the courses on Peter Webbs website at the moment. Deciding should i buy the paid course.

The trades Matt Fyles made live were both very close to the 2 minutes mark and i noticed that yesterday with most of the money coming in that time frame.
Euler

If you can wait a little we are refreshing the content on the Academy, so it will all be laid out neatly for you and free!

There is almost no way a 'system' will work ten years on, if it ever worked in the first place. Matt seemed to buddy up with Tim Lowe who has promoted many expensive get rich quick type schemes.

My advice, make the effort to learn how to really trade properly and build out from there.

Think of your journey as being a hike into some mountains where you know there is gold. When you start out in the town at the foothills, there will be loads of people telling you where it is, but they have never been there. They just want to part with a few quid for nothing. Eventually you will find the opportunituy, but the journey will be full or ups and downs and some people give up too easily, or never learn as they cross the territory and think it's impossible to go any further.

You almost need a complete mindset change to become really successful and most people can never do that.
Euler

If you share some of the thoughts or processes, I'm sure the true professional traders would be able to comment on them.
Euler

I did some cursory research and it the Unitrader system, also attributed to Matt was marketed by AURUM LIFESTYLES LTD. Which seems to be run by his parents?

Company was dissolved in 2015

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history
panda32

Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:52 am
If you can wait a little we are refreshing the content on the Academy, so it will all be laid out neatly for you and free!

There is almost no way a 'system' will work ten years on, if it ever worked in the first place. Matt seemed to buddy up with Tim Lowe who has promoted many expensive get rich quick type schemes.

My advice, make the effort to learn how to really trade properly and build out from there.

Think of your journey as being a hike into some mountains where you know there is gold. When you start out in the town at the foothills, there will be loads of people telling you where it is, but they have never been there. They just want to part with a few quid for nothing. Eventually you will find the opportunituy, but the journey will be full or ups and downs and some people give up too easily, or never learn as they cross the territory and think it's impossible to go any further.

You almost need a complete mindset change to become really successful and most people can never do that.
Wow Free! Great stuff... i am a bit impatient so will try and wait it out :D .

Yes i understand that the methods most likely wont work but the actual foundations of trading are the same. The actual basics of what i have leaned from this course, are just creating a custom chart and waiting for support or resistance lines to be broken with a confirmation of that... So i would say this wouldnt of changed in trading as its one of the basics a trader looks for. No matter how many years its been...

Please correct me if i am wrong....

Yes i intend to learn as much as i can from the academy and hopefully never give up...
wearthefoxhat

panda32 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:23 am
@wearthefoxhat

Thanks for that, yes advertised on Ebay, but i didnt pay anywhere near that.

The chart uses 100 data points and 5 seconds of activity. I was thinking maybe this needs to changed? Maybe down to 1 second and 50 data points.. Not sure if you have any experience with this? I guess the only way of knowing is to test and test.....
No experience of the V System.

Any advice/info offered by Peter Webb (Euler) should be given close attention. Test and test for sure. The price range of the favourite and those around it, is usually a fair starting point. The timing of entry/exit is where the meat is, although sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.
panda32

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:39 pm
panda32 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:23 am

No experience of the V System.

Any advice/info offered by Peter Webb (Euler) should be given close attention. Test and test for sure. The price range of the favourite and those around it, is usually a fair starting point. The timing of entry/exit is where the meat is, although sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.
ok thanks. I didn't know Euler was Peter Webb.. thanks for that. Peter makes it look so easy and doesnt even need charts to trade half the time.

Return to “Sports betting strategies”