Scalping short priced favourites at home bot?? is it possible?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
awhitfield123

Hi all,

i am interested in scalping home short priced favourites 24 hours before the off. I have tried this manually where i place a back order 1 tick above the back price and place a lay order 1 tick below the lay price and when the are both taken i repeat this. If both bets were not matched and the market moved i would get out for a small loss and repeat the process. The only problem with this is if you are not monitering the game constantly or forget for a while the price can change dramatically by the time you come back to it.
Would this be possible to produce in the automation section of BetAngel ? Is there one available and would this be quite advanced to produce??
Thanks in advance for any help and good luck with your trading.
Andrew
ShaunWhite

You could automate it, but it's really difficult to do even half as well as you can with eyes on the market because you can't automate your subjectivity.

The answer to your problem is probably to stake bigger, I promise you won't "forget for a while" if you stake a couple of grand or an amount you actually care about. That's the balance generally when trading, big enough to care about but not so big it hurts.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”