Green up in TBP

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
pdbennett_300

Hi,
Has anyone had success with greening up in a TBP market in running?? Betangel shows me green profits but when I place a bet using small stakes they arnt getting on. Is that solely due to a lack of liquidity?

Many thanks.
Dallas

Never really looked at the TBP markets in-running but strongly suspect there'd be very little activity so very hard to green up especially at a decent price
SteveR

I spent around 6 or 8 months looking/testing the TBP markets. I split the testing across handicaps/non handicaps, and higher value races (hoping liquidity would be higher). Towards the end I focused very much on 8 runner races thinking there may be an edge there.

You are quite right - the liquidity isn't there to go 'in running' and I'd say the same for pre off but that was also wildly volatile in terms of movement. I gave up on it.
pdbennett_300

Hi, thank you both for the reply.

You’ve answered my question.

Many thanks.
ShaunWhite

pdbennett_300 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:12 pm
You’ve answered my question.
There aren't fortunes to be had but anywhere there's extreme volatility or people struggle to 'green up' at a decent price there's opportunity, especially if you're automating. Generally if you can identify situations where people lose (and this forum is great for hearing about those) then be the one they're losing to.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”