Software Error?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
llugo73

Hi all, I renewed my subscription today and on my first placement, I click on the BACK button on the One Click tab on winner horse and placed a LAY order, it makes me lose $4.16. Has any other user had the same experience?
It has already happened to me for the third time, I thought it was my mistake but I don't think so anymore.
Euler

Check and post your log on here and somebody will tell you where you have gone wrong. The software will only do as instructed.
llugo73

Greetings friend Euler.

If you check, I'm not such a "Newbie", this is my third renewal, in addition to the trial time. And yes, the software has placed me on 3 times "LAY" orders having clicked on the "Back" button (in blue) using the "One Click" tab after changing the "Odds Display" from "Reverse" to "Normal ". I've lost a few dollars on this. I'm just making a suggestion for you guys to review because I've used other software like MF and preferred Bet Angel, or at least I want to without getting "bad responses". I'm a Systems Engineer and I've been programming for about 20 years and I know that software bugs exist. Just take it as a suggestion from someone who is not so "Newbie". And I'm not claiming money, I think the intention is to help.

And my name is Lenin Lugo.

Best regards.
Derek27

llugo73 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:20 pm
Greetings friend Euler.

If you check, I'm not such a "Newbie", this is my third renewal, in addition to the trial time. And yes, the software has placed me on 3 times "LAY" orders having clicked on the "Back" button (in blue) using the "One Click" tab after changing the "Odds Display" from "Reverse" to "Normal ". I've lost a few dollars on this. I'm just making a suggestion for you guys to review because I've used other software like MF and preferred Bet Angel, or at least I want to without getting "bad responses". I'm a Systems Engineer and I've been programming for about 20 years and I know that software bugs exist. Just take it as a suggestion from someone who is not so "Newbie". And I'm not claiming money, I think the intention is to help.

Best regards.
It's hard to comment without seeing your log. All I can say is if it happened three times (placing a lay order instead of a back order) and hasn't happened to anyone else for the duration of the latest version, it's unlikely to be a bug.
Dallas

llugo73 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:20 pm
Greetings friend Euler.

Best regards.
The software works perfectly fine and used to place millions of pounds of bets each week, if such a bug or issue existed it would have been spotted 20 years ago and raised by just about everyone who's ever used the one-click screen since

From what you've said it sounds like you are just clicking in the wrong place or wrong side of the book for what it is you want to do and/or the way you have your screen set up

If you post the log as Euler asked for and also a screenshot of your one-click screen so we can see how its set up and what options you have enabled etc and also highlight where you clicked someone will be able to advise
llugo73

Here the log:

30/9/2022 11:56:32: Market changed to Ascot 30th Sep - 11:55 1m Class Stks
30/9/2022 11:56:41: Market has been suspended
30/9/2022 11:56:43: Market is in-play
30/9/2022 11:56:43: Market has been unsuspended
30/9/2022 11:58:07: $ 5.00 Back bet placed on Raising Sand at 2.14. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 282493649390 ( Offsetting by 20% [A] with greening. )
30/9/2022 11:58:08: $ 6.26 Lay bet placed on Raising Sand at 1.71. Fully matched at 1.66436102236422. Ref: 282493653071
30/9/2022 11:58:24: Market has been suspended

Also you can see the Bet History in the picture.

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

It looks like offsetting on, but probably not fill or kill. So it will place both orders in the market together, as instructed.

Offsetting places both orders simultaneously unless you use fill or kill or some other instruction on the initial click.

30/9/2022 11:58:07: $ 5.00 Back bet placed on Raising Sand at 2.14. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 282493649390 ( Offsetting by 20% [A] with greening. )
30/9/2022 11:58:08: $ 6.26 Lay bet placed on Raising Sand at 1.71. Fully matched at 1.66436102236422. Ref: 282493653071
Euler

This is what your log would look like if you were using offsetting with fill or kill

30/09/2022 18:59:28: £ 2.00 Back bet placed on Cairo at 2.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 282510565661 ( Fill or kill bet with 600 seconds delay. Offsetting by 4 ticks with greening. )
llugo73

Ok, I see that the back bet could be un.

What I don't understand is why he places another LAY order without having matched the one I told him to do. If you do not match, you should not place the opposite order to try to make the Green Up.

I attach my "One Click" tab

I apologize if I put something wrong but this makes me curious and I repeat it is just a help.

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

llugo73 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:17 pm

What I don't understand is why he places another LAY order without having matched the one I told him to do. If you do not match, you should not place the opposite order to try to make the Green Up.

I apologize if I put something wrong but this makes me curious and I repeat it is just a help.

Thanks in advance!
You need to click the 'Place fill or kill' option box. You can set a delay for as long as you want, but without it, two bets get placed immediately.
Dallas

llugo73 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:17 pm

Thanks in advance!

Offsetting options are explained on this page of the user guide
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/off ... tages.html
llugo73

Ok, i respect this.

Thanks for your help and time!

Lets move on!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”