Trading pre horse during December

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
worldplaywithangel

Hi there

I have been trading for almost 10 months and actually I have been able to sustain profit.

However it's the first time I have tried come to this period of the season and suddenly nearly all markets seem... dead or without any opportunity - why is this?

I have found it almost impossible to be in profit the past 3-4 week, is it supposed to be like this and do you even trade during this time of the year yourself?
Euler

December is my worst month of the year for racing.

The first time I traded it, I felt like I'd lost my edge. But I quickly realised it was just part of the annual cycle, so I'm much more relaxed now. I just accept that it will be a poor month.
worldplaywithangel

Thanks for answering! Glad to find the reason for my bad trades :(

at first I found it kinda sad that there will be 3 months of bad trading but actually i guess its good its packed around summer so theres also some time off, compared to having traded volume spread out evenly over the entire year!
worldplaywithangel

Euler wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:51 am
December is my worst month of the year for racing.

The first time I traded it, I felt like I'd lost my edge. But I quickly realised it was just part of the annual cycle, so I'm much more relaxed now. I just accept that it will be a poor month.
When would you say trading pre horse is possible again? March?
Dallas

worldplaywithangel wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:45 pm
Thanks for answering! Glad to find the reason for my bad trades :(

at first I found it kinda sad that there will be 3 months of bad trading but actually i guess its good its packed around summer so theres also some time off, compared to having traded volume spread out evenly over the entire year!
Trust me by sept/oct next year you'll be preying for Winter to arrive so you can wind down a bit and have a little more time to yourself to catch up on other stuff
Euler

It's perfectly possible to trade all year around. It's just that is has peaks and troughs.
worldplaywithangel

Euler wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:07 pm
It's perfectly possible to trade all year around. It's just that is has peaks and troughs.
After trading for 1 year and slowly being profitable, from the moment december hit BAM it was like totally different markets. Is january and february the same as december and when do markets return to "normal", is it from march?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”