Bet History

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
zico2000

Hello,

First post here so please be gentle :D

I have literally only opened up Bet Angel Professional (trial) in Play Mode so far, and messed around with a horse racing ladder, netting a pretend 54p profit.

Not sure if this is a daft question ... is there a history that shows I made 54p off that market, and does this history continue to grow so that over time you can see profit/loss for each market your participated in?

Hoping there is such a thing and if not, how do people keep track - manually? Some kind of export into excel?

I've been match betting for the past 9 months, keeping track of every penny of the £10K+ I've made. Hoping to do the same level of tracking with Trading.

Many thanks in advance.
ShaunWhite

You can't get your history in practice mode, and in live you'd get that from the Betfair history download on your account page.

Just be careful not to 'play' too long. Betfair obviously would like to to generate commission in return for all the data you're getting so you wouldn't want to get on their radar for a suspension.

Play mode doesn't give you any of the real feeling of trading and you'd better off investing a few quid and trying not to lose it. It's not like matched betting when you lock in easy guarenteed profits you'll need to learn to lose some days/weeks and that's the hard part.
zico2000

Thanks Shaun,

I have a very active Betfair account from my matched betting, so I am trying to think of an easy way to distinguish my matched betting history from Bet Angel bets if the only way is Betfair.

Noted about practice mode. I was looking to go in at the deep end and pay £150 for a year's sub to Professional but was just trying to get a feel for the software whilst learning it.

Must admit I'm a bit disappointed that Bet Angel does not keep a history of your profit and losses anywhere, or even a facility to export them somehow. I expected that to be a basic function.

I'll probably take a look at rival software to evaluate before deciding which one to go ahead with now.
ShaunWhite

It can't show your PL because it doesn't know what commision rates and discounts you're on. And if you're submitting bets via other software too the balance would be misleading.

To seperate your bets you could use the odd penny, eg strategy 1 uses £10.01 and strategy 2 uses 5.02 etc.
ODPaul82

zico2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:41 pm
Thanks Shaun,

I have a very active Betfair account from my matched betting, so I am trying to think of an easy way to distinguish my matched betting history from Bet Angel bets if the only way is Betfair.

Noted about practice mode. I was looking to go in at the deep end and pay £150 for a year's sub to Professional but was just trying to get a feel for the software whilst learning it.

Must admit I'm a bit disappointed that Bet Angel does not keep a history of your profit and losses anywhere, or even a facility to export them somehow. I expected that to be a basic function.

I'll probably take a look at rival software to evaluate before deciding which one to go ahead with now.
In Guardian under advanced settings tick the export reports on market closure.
Your PNL reports per individual market are generated out to a file which you can navigate to pressing on 'explore reports folder' underneath the tickbox.
jamesedwards

'Practise mode' should really be renamed 'test mode', in my opinion. It is exceptionally useful to be able to make sure your rules are firing correctly before putting them live in real mode, but measuring profit from 'practise mode' is pretty useless because you aren't part of the market and trades will match in a different way. Best run automation in live mode for the minimum £1 stakes and then it's possible to bring back a more accurate representation of profit and keep a running total P&L which can be displayed in Guardian.
zico2000

Thanks all - some great advice there and a few options to get round this. And yes totally understand re: practise mode. I wouldn't expect it to be able to track anything real. Just trying to get an idea of what I will be able to do should I fork out for the full software :)
ShaunWhite

zico2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:05 pm
.Just trying to get an idea of what I will be able to do should I fork out for the full software :)
There's a 99p a day option that might be better for you if you only plan to use it at weekends. It's very unlikely you'll manage to make a steady profit after a month or two on trial. Its more likely to take anything up to a year. Most people never do.

Are there any particular sports and styles of trading that appeal?
zico2000

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:20 pm
zico2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:05 pm
.Just trying to get an idea of what I will be able to do should I fork out for the full software :)
There's a 99p a day option that might be better for you if you only plan to use it at weekends. It's very unlikely you'll manage to make a steady profit after a month or two on trial. Its more likely to take anything up to a year. Most people never do.

Are there any particular sports and styles of trading that appeal?
I'm hoping to do well on horses and football. I've done really well on matched betting (£10K in 9 months) so have a decent bank roll. For me, I was hoping this is the next level. All the videos I have watched so far indicate I can be making a decent profit from this. I guess there is a steeper learning curve. My initial plan was to get to grips with automation and try out some of the scripts I have seen that Dallas has written.
Kai

zico2000 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:06 am
I guess there is a steeper learning curve.
Can be steep alright, best bring climbing gear 🧗‍♂️

Can't compare much to matched betting, you basically go from profit being shoved into your pockets to having to pry it open from someone's cold, dead hands. Quite the contrast as you can imagine! :)

Would honestly pocket the MB money and start anew, instead of now blowing it on trading like many do.

Bit of guidance if and when needed, good luck : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23699
zico2000

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:07 pm
zico2000 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:06 am
I guess there is a steeper learning curve.
Can be steep alright, best bring climbing gear 🧗‍♂️

Can't compare much to matched betting, you basically go from profit being shoved into your pockets to having to pry it open from someone's cold, dead hands. Quite the contrast as you can imagine! :)

Would honestly pocket the MB money and start anew, instead of now blowing it on trading like many do.

Bit of guidance if and when needed, good luck : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23699
Haha yep the missus has already pocketed (or got plans) for the £10K, so this is starting from afresh. Maybe I'll put a couple of hundred in as an initial kitty and see where I get to. And thanks for the well wishes and the link :)
ShaunWhite

zico2000 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:45 pm
Haha yep the missus has already pocketed (or got plans) for the £10K, so this is starting from afresh. Maybe I'll put a couple of hundred in as an initial kitty and see where I get to. And thanks for the well wishes and the link :)
First new lesson is money management. If you've got 200 then never put more than 50 in liability down in case there's a glitch or a cockup, and have a planned loss limit of no more than a couple of quid. If you get good you'll still only be up about 60-65% of the time so you'll need to financially and mentally prepare for some longish losing runs.

Btw do you have any preconceived ideas about your likely rate of return (pl/total value of bets placed)? Or how long it will take before you might become profitable? You'll do better if you're realistic.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”