Inside stable information etc.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
waywyrd

Hi,

I'm curious to know what is forum members opinions on inside stable information, bookmakers, horses form affecting BetFair prices. As in sudden spikes, steamers and drifters. Or is that sort of information leading you down a 'rabbit hole'?

Waywyrd.
ShaunWhite

Rabbit hole. You're assuming the 'whispers' are about one horse in a race, but every stable has got a leaky opinion about their own horses and everyone else's. Perm any 8 from 10 consequences. It's all part of punting folklore anyway, peeple see money moving and love to invent a conspiracy theory for it when they can't see or understand the real reason.
worldplaywithangel

From trading 1 year i'd say yes that bookmakers, stables, trainers etc are in the market, however they might only have information advantage on their own horse, they can still be clueless on the other horses, and since a horse chance to win obviously depends on the other horse, no one really knows what the true odds are. Thats my take it on.

So for the most part, imo, its about solving the range of a horse, ie market think the horse is from 2.5 to 3.0 but no one really knows, so it runs in the same patterns depending on the rest of the activity in the market

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”