Using Tick Size Staking

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
cookyweb

Hi All,

Please could you advise what I'm doing wrong, I wanted to set the staking so it auto calculates to £1 per tick, I've set this at the top to how I'd expect it and set the stake to 1.00 but when I press it's giving me 16p tick in the picture provided.

What am I missing? lol

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Your green-up setting is still on hedge - if you toggle it to straightforward open or close you'll see that your close options are indeed £1 a tick.

Open back £5x6.6=£33
Close lay £5x6.4=£32
(£1profit on that runner if it wins)
Close lay £5x6.8=£34
(£1 loss on that runner if it wins)
cookyweb

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, ah ok I see now, is there any way to make it £1 per tick as the hedge value?

The software I used before BA had that feature, I think they called it Book profit maybe but ultimately it meant you could set the hedged value per tick to £1 or whatever you wanted.

Thank you.
ShaunWhite

But as the price moves so does the hedged amount per tick? If the price drifts the additional hedged amount per tick reduces on each step because you have to hedge at a bigger price. (the ladder shows something like 1.00, 1.98, 2.95 etc) Visa versa for steamers. £1 per tick only works for the first tick. If you want to make sure your liability is consistant across the price range then liabity staking is the way. It stakes bigger where there's smaller steps (ie steps of 0.01) and less where they're bigger. Ie Book staking.
cookyweb

Thank you very much for the reply, I see exactly what you mean now, I didnt think of it like that.

I think the other software just does it based on the first tick maybe, I've included a picture where I'd set it to .25p

My logic was if it goes 4 ticks against me I'm losing about £1, its just what I was used to at the time with that software.

Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

cookyweb wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:09 pm
Thank you very much for the reply, I see exactly what you mean now, I didnt think of it like that
Thanks again.
👍. When you look at it like that it makes you think you should be backing first. Each step gets gradually better. But backing first around a breakpoint means that 1 tick the right way is only 1/2 the size of a price tick against you. Always lots to think about.
cookyweb

Yes there is, thank you very much for the replies and advice, its been really useful.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”