Racing broadcast behind real time

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
barrie

Just out of interest can anyone advise?

1/. I have seen that the BF live stream is only available on about 30% of horse races. I have both Sky and Racing TV but their transmissions (on line) are usually anywhere between 30 secs and a minute behind reality which means that you can be thinking that you still have half a dozen horses to load and then - hey presto - BF goes in play. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to get round this?
Simoba

Hi, do you mean UK & IRE racing? That is all on BF live stream. Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick !!
barrie

Hi. yes I do mean UK and IRE. it's always hit and miss whether it is on or if I get the sorry not available message. I always have racing TV and Sky Racing on but they are always at least 30 secs behind reality which makes last minute trading impossible.
to75ne

barrie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:10 pm

1/. I have seen that the BF live stream is only available on about 30% of horse races. I have both Sky and Racing TV but their transmissions (on line) are usually anywhere between 30 secs and a minute behind reality which means that you can be thinking that you still have half a dozen horses to load and then - hey presto - BF goes in play. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to get round this?

you cant, if your going to attempt to trade horse racing inplay your probably best to have look at tpd (search forum) and combine with race reading.
Derek27

to75ne wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:58 pm
barrie wrote:

you cant, if your going to attempt to trade horse racing inplay your probably best to have look at tpd (search forum) and combine with race reading.
He's a pre-race trader that just wants to know when a race starts.

The only thing I can suggest is close trades early and make a mental note of how far the pics are behind by checking the interval between the race going in-play and pictures of the horses starting.
jamesedwards

barrie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:45 pm
Hi. yes I do mean UK and IRE. it's always hit and miss whether it is on or if I get the sorry not available message. I always have racing TV and Sky Racing on but they are always at least 30 secs behind reality which makes last minute trading impossible.
For a price you can sign up to TPD and use the map feature on Bet Angel to track all the horses as they line-up in the gate.
to75ne

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:59 pm
to75ne wrote:
barrie wrote:

The only thing I can suggest is close trades early and make a mental note of how far the pics are behind by checking the interval between the race going in-play and pictures of the horses starting.
sorry Derek i have hit the report button by accident instead of the quote button, sorry if you get complaint of some discription did not have my glasses on.

tpd can track right up to the off and it it can be quite handy pre off (well i find very useful).
Dallas

to75ne wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:43 pm
Derek27 wrote:
to75ne wrote:

sorry Derek i have hit the report button by accident instead of the quote button, sorry if you get complaint of some discription did not have my glasses on.

tpd can track right up to the off and it it can be quite handy pre off (well i find very useful).
Its fine, thought it might have been an error so I've just closed the report before seeing this post
to75ne

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:52 pm
to75ne wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Its fine, thought it might have been an error so I've just closed the report before seeing this post
thanks Dallas :oops:
Derek27

to75ne wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
to75ne wrote:

:lol: I don't know how much TPD costs but would it be worth the expense just to know when a race is off?
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:56 pm
to75ne wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

:lol: I don't know how much TPD costs but would it be worth the expense just to know when a race is off?
It does make such a difference even when not actually trading in-play - I really miss it on the courses they don't operate at
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:08 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:56 pm
to75ne wrote:

It does make such a difference even when not actually trading in-play - I really miss it on the courses they don't operate at
Prices vary currently from £10-£450 depending on the level of subscription you want to take out
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/
jamesedwards

to75ne wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
to75ne wrote:

I imagine it's the not the first time he's been reported. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”