New to Guardian questions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
etxpost

Hi,
I have used BA before but never really immersed myself with Guardian. Now I am looking at making a comeback so I have looked at heaps of videos and read lots of manuals and posts, but I have a few simple questions I would hope someone can answer for me.
(if this is the wrong area, please move)

1 The benefits of using Guardian are that I can move markets I am interested in, into it, so they are all available at the same time and “live” to me?

2 And moving them to Guardian allows me to use the automation facilities within the software. Correct?

Perhaps an example is best for the next few questions..
Let us imagine I wish to place a back bet on a soccer match to be played next week. I open Guardian and place the bet. I also instruct it to greenup and out when the price goes down 10 points.

What happens when tonight I turn my laptop off and the price overnight goes down 15 points?

3 When I re-open Guardian in the morning will that market and its settings still be there?

4 If yes, how does it deal with the fact that the price is now below the 10 points requested?

5 If I keep my laptop on all night with Guardian running, do I have to prevent my machine from going to sleep to keep Guardian running?

6 If, for whatever reason, my internet connection drops for a minute overnight, do I lose my connection from Guardian to the world and it can't place bets?

And if your answers take me in the direction I suspect they will, is this why people talk about using VPS so that Guardian can be running all the time, and not running on your kitchen table all day and night?

I will place my VPS questions in another thread.

Thanks in advance
ET
ShaunWhite

Your laptop/pc needs to be on and running. And yes it's one of reasons people use a vps.

A vps is basically rented computing power you access via software on your laptop/pc and the operators ensure its up and running 247365, although any software it's running such as BA is your responsibility.
etxpost

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:41 am
Your laptop/pc needs to be on and running. And yes it's one of reasons people use a vps.

A vps is basically rented computing power you access via software on your laptop/pc and the operators ensure its up and running 247365, although any software it's running such as BA is your responsibility.
Thanks Shaun, for your answers in both my posts today.
As a mac user it also makes it useful to use a vps set up so I can avoid the additional cost of a windows license and I am looking forward to trying this out on an ipad. That would be relaxing :-)
I feel a few weeks feeding my brain with Guardian automation scenarios is in order and then we shall see how this goes.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”