How to upgrade all my devices to the newest version 1.60.0 .. and tons of other question over the time

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Derek27

Mastermind wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:12 pm
Someone able to help? Thanks in advance.

In his video "Betfair trading myth | Why you don't need to know the direction of odds to profit" .. and of course others ... Peter has there up to the left three columns

Total matched so far
Increased at
Average increase

I have the first two, but not the last .. "Average increase" ..
where can I find this to change?

Many thanks in advance, who ever is fancy to help. I really appreciate it :-)
Thanks for mentioning that Mastermind, I wasn't aware of that feature.

Right-click on the information toolbar, select Customise and then drag the information you want from the dialog box to your chosen position on a toolbar.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 212726.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mastermind

Thanks Derek27 to help me again, so I have learned how this feature works and how to change this on the toolbar.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

BUT .. and here is the point ... I cannot find a button there named "Average increase" ...
could you please have a second look on it?
May be the name has changed - or the button must be anywhere else.
I was and am so far not able to get this third counter "Average increase" installed.

I have of course a big list with 15-20 other questions .. but I want it to be fixed one after the other. So now we work on this problem. Haha.
Other ideas?

Many thanks in advance
Mastermind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Mastermind wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:29 pm
Thanks Derek27 to help me again, so I have learned how this feature works and how to change this on the toolbar.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

BUT .. and here is the point ... I cannot find a button there named "Average increase" ...
could you please have a second look on it?
May be the name has changed - or the button must be anywhere else.
I was and am so far not able to get this third counter "Average increase" installed.

I have of course a big list with 15-20 other questions .. but I want it to be fixed one after the other. So now we work on this problem. Haha.
Other ideas?

Many thanks in advance
Mastermind
Avg Increase.png
Mastermind

OK, I copy it over .. thanks.
Edit: you´ve done it .. ok .. thanks for your help.
Mastermind

Thanks for your help ... I really appreciate it.

Next one is just a simple question ...

On my screenshot we can see that in US Horse Racing The Startnumber of the Horse is to see, but I couldn´t see it in UK Horse Racing today. Did I saw this wrong? Is this just for US Horse Racing available? Or do I need to find a button anywhere to klick? It´s helpful I think.

As always many thanks in advance for help.
Dallas

Mastermind wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:43 pm

On my screenshot we can see that in US Horse Racing The Startnumber of the Horse is to see, but I couldn´t see it in UK Horse Racing today. Did I saw this wrong? Is this just for US Horse Racing available? Or do I need to find a button anywhere to klick? It´s helpful I think.

Its how they are retrieved from Betfair, and its only US, racing that has them that way, Greyhounds and Aus racing has the numbers but UK racing its just the horses name
You could store the saddle cloth numbers with a Stored value rule, then pass that into the 'Additional Information' area on the ladder screen
I think some of the examples in the ladder settings area will have this already
viewforum.php?f=65
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 9:43 pm
Mastermind wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:43 pm

Its how they are retrieved from Betfair, and its only US, racing that has them that way, Greyhounds and Aus racing has the numbers but UK racing its just the horses name
You could store the saddle cloth numbers with a Stored value rule, then pass that into the 'Additional Information' area on the ladder screen
I think some of the examples in the ladder settings area will have this already
viewforum.php?f=65
I just found this one, it doesn't have the saddle cloth numbers but it's easily editable to store and display that as well, or swap one of the existing pieces of info
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=27389
Mastermind

Great, thanks Dallas .. but I am busy this week so I think I have a look at the weekend about this topic and what options you explained me .. thanks.

Another question ...

where can I find a list of explanation about the different race types to learn? foremost what exact are all this shorthand symbols meaning, but also of course whats the differnce betweeen them is .. is there any material which I can print out to read and learn?

Thanks in advance as always ..
Dallas

Mastermind wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:16 am
Great, thanks Dallas .. but I am busy this week so I think I have a look at the weekend about this topic and what options you explained me .. thanks.

Another question ...

where can I find a list of explanation about the different race types to learn? foremost what exact are all this shorthand symbols meaning, but also of course whats the differnce betweeen them is .. is there any material which I can print out to read and learn?

Thanks in advance as always ..
Search Google for 'UK horse racing race types'
Mastermind

Thanks Dallas, I will do so. Best regards.
Mastermind

Hy everyone,

I have a problem .. hopefully someone can help. I have created a horse racing bot. It looks slightly profitable, yesterday it was over a period of 33 Races slightly profitable... but further investigations and probably modifications are needed about to happen of course.

But it has still a small problem when the favorite and the second favorite are very, very close together. Today in three UK-Races the triggering of the back bet on the favorite worked correct and the placing of the lay bet to close this position triggered and executed also correct during pre-off. I´ve programmed a bot to keep all bets for In-Play-Time .. but when in this few seconds betweeen triggering the back and lay bets on the first favorite, the favorites change .. so that the favorite becomes now the second favorite. then the keep all bets trigger does not work, because its made for the row 1 (in order of favoritism) which is of course then another horse .. Haha. I try to take the selection " EVERY Selection". But that will not work, it shows me "The EVERY Selection option can not be used with this type of rule".

Without keeping the lay bet to close the position In-Plaxy .. the back bet on the favorite runs till the end of the race ... this f**ks up my whole data testing of the bot. Two out of three times the favorite wins, cause I won some punds extra, but it terminates my testing with 2 Pound bets in dozens of races ...

And now? How can I solve this? Someone fancy to help? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Mastermind on Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas

Mastermind wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:05 pm
Hy everyone,

I have a problem .. hopefully someone can help. I have created a horse racing bot. It looks slightly profitable, yesterday it was over a period of 33 Races slightly profitable... but further investigations and probably modifications are needed about to happen of course.

But it has still a small problem when the favorite and the second favorite are very, very close together. Today in three UK-Races the triggering of the back bet on the favorite worked correct and the placing of the lay bet to close this position triggered and executed also correct during pre-off. I´ve programmed a bot to keep all bets for In-Play-Time .. but when in this few seconds betweeen triggering the back and lay bets on the first favorite, the favorites change .. so that the favorite becomes now the second favorite. then the keep all bets trigger does not work, because its made for the row 1 (in order of favoritism) which is of course then another horse .. Haha. I try to take the selection " EVERY Selection". But that will not work, it shows me "The EVERY Selection option can not be used with this type of rule".

And now? Someone fancy to help?
The 'Keep all unmatched bets' rule is one of several that don't get applied to any particular selection as it automatically triggers on all selections
The 'Applies' to area for this rule and similar rules are solely for any conditions

Unless you are using the 'Keep unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)' rule?
Mastermind

Unless you are using the 'Keep unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)' rule?

... no, thats not the case .. I use "Keep all unmatched bets ..."

I found now a part of the solution to code the triggering of the back bet .. the opening of the position .. much, much closer to the event start time .. then the favorite has of course not 10 seconds time to possibly change, but 4 or 5 ... but still .. if the favorite changes ... the keep-bet will of course trigger the wrong horse. :-)

I have the opening of the position now on 5 seconds before start time and the keep-order 3 seconds below and triggering 3 times with 1 second wait for rearming.

So the time to change favorites is much, much closer .. but when it happens during in between short of start time, the problem is the same .. how often thois occure? We will see .. I am testing it now.

Thanks for help ... I let it run now with this shorter times .. we will see what happens.
Dallas

Mastermind wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:32 pm

... no, thats not the case .. I use "Keep all unmatched bets ..."

I found now a part of the solution to code the triggering of the back bet .. the opening of the position .. much, much closer to the event start time .. then the favorite has of course not 10 seconds time to possibly change, but 4 or 5 ... but still .. if the favorite changes ... the keep-bet will of course trigger the wrong horse. :-)
It won't matter if the fav changes or not as the 'Keep all unmatched bets' rule does exactly what it says on the tin and keeps all unmatched bets no matter which selection they are on

Mastermind wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:32 pm

I have the opening of the position now on 5 seconds before start time and the keep-order 3 seconds below and triggering 3 times with 1 second wait for rearming.

That is probably the reason its not keeping the bet, it needs to trigger AFTER any offset bet may get placed
So i'd be arming it something like 00:00:00 until 00:00:59
Triggering about 20-30 times and rearing it every 2-3 secs

That will ensure any bets including offset bets placed up to 1min after the start time will be kept
Mastermind

Problem should not be the time, because I have coded the Keep-Bet with "In Position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism)" .. but if between placing the two bet (back and lay ) and the keep-order the favourite changes, then the problem is not the time .. its that the order "keep the bet" .. goes into the wrong row. It goes in the then NEW Row 1 with the new first favourite .. instead of the row with the old first favourite from some seconds before, which has then of course switched to its new role "second favourite".
I let it run tomorrow and we will see how often this occurs .. but the problem itself is of course still existing.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”