Is this level of Automation and Excel integration possible?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Impurity

I'm new to BetAngel, and I'm here to see if the software is capable of automating something that I am currently doing manually. On reading through the forums, I suspect it is, but I am not quite sure where to start and I know I don't have the knowledge of the software to do it yet. So help appreciated.

This is the manual set-up that I follow to generate a small but steady increase in my betting bank - football based betting
I currently use data from a third party website, which I enter into a spreadsheet that then calculates what the true odds for each selection on the match odds a football match. I then manually enter the back odds currently available on Betfair, the spreadsheet then does another calculation that shows whether there is value in laying any of the outcomes.

I place the lays and then monitor the odds data on the third party website and Betfair to respond to any changes in value.
The value is there because after around 1500 bets the profit line shows a strong correlation with the value line, and putting the data through a statistical significance calculation gives a 99.5% level of confidence.

I am setting some of the markets on Betfair, particularly on markets with very low liquidity, so I know that there isn't tons of room for stake sizes to be increased there -as the bank grows I want to be able to set stake sizes depending on liquidity/size of the market.

The plan is to set up an API to feed data for all the matches available to bet on into a spreadsheet. This then calculates the value odds which are then compared to Betfair odds using the spreadsheet functionality of BA and lay bets are placed.

Generally, I don't trade the games except for certain triggers, such as red cards for the team that I am not laying, or if I am laying the draw and the underdog is only 1 goal up heading into the 85th minute.

There are challenges to doing this, I am aware, as a human I make judgement calls on some of the matches as I still need to refine the excel calculations in the selection criteria and I am relying on getting different things talking to each other.

The question is, Is this an endeavour worth pursuing with BetAngel?

Where would I start in terms of learning how to do this?
Derek27

As long as you can get all the data you need to place bets onto a spreadsheet, it should be possible, albeit a lot of work. You can connect BA to a workbook and have additional worksheet(s) containing the data. You can then place bets according to the values in your data, either using formulas or VBA.
Impurity

Cheers Derek,

I think my first port of call is hooking up an excel sheet to BA and working from there.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”