Guardian stops working when I am not at my desk

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
MarcAustin

Hi all,

Guardian stops working when I am away from my desk.

I have adjusted the usual culprits.

Turned off the power savings mode on the computer, including sleep modes. I have also adjusted all the advanced settings. Does anyone else have or have they had this issue and if so how did you fix it?
Derek27

MarcAustin wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:33 pm
Hi all,

Turned off the power savings mode on the computer, including sleep modes. I have also adjusted all the advanced settings. Does anyone else have or have they had this issue and if so how did you fix it?
I can make two suggestions for the possible cause.

1) There's a poltergeist in your house that interferes when you're not there.

2) The problem would have occurred even if you remained at your desk.

Perhaps it's the length of time it's been running while you're away?

What exactly do you mean when you say Guardian stops working? Have you checked your logs to see if the rules are firing as expected?
andy28

I Hope it's 1

3) The Wife/Children
Geordie

MarcAustin wrote:
Hi all,

Check your guardian refresh rate - does it affect the number of markets you have loaded.
Anbell

MarcAustin wrote:
Hi all,

When you are at you desk you might be watching the event on your main screen, which has its own refresh rate, so consider that when you are thinking about Geordie's advice
Jukebox

BA now sophisticated enough to behave like a human employee when the boss isn't around.
Euler

MarcAustin wrote:
Hi all,

Maybe check the time at which it stops working for some clues. If it's exactly the same time that may lead you into a solution.

You may want to invest in a VPS as that can run 24x7 without having to leave a PC on.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:51 am
BA now sophisticated enough to behave like a human employee when the boss isn't around.
good content
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:10 am
MarcAustin wrote:
Hi all,

Maybe check the time at which it stops working for some clues. If it's exactly the same time that may lead you into a solution.

You may want to invest in a VPS as that can run 24x7 without having to leave a PC on.
Interesting. I'd have bet $10 that my answer was very close to the cause of the issue. I've seen it a hundred times before. And I'm always reminded that we all use it differently and there are always a few possible explanations for a seemingly common issue
MarcAustin

Hi all,

Appreciates the responses.

I ended up paying for to host BA on a server in the UK. This is where it gets even more interesting. Set up two VPN's on the same server running an identical bot. The bots are not taking the same bets all the time. The majority but not all. There is probably a difference of 20% where on bot will bet and the other not. Anyone have any idea how that could happen or what would cause it.
sionascaig

Are you running in practice mode?
Anbell

MarcAustin wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:19 am
Hi all,

I ended up paying for to host BA on a server in the UK. This is where it gets even more interesting. Set up two VPN's on the same server running an identical bot. The bots are not taking the same bets all the time. The majority but not all. There is probably a difference of 20% where on bot will bet and the other not. Anyone have any idea how that could happen or what would cause it.
It can depend on the strategy and the market and the execution
Derek27

MarcAustin wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:19 am
Hi all,

I've run the same bot simultaneously on two computers side-by-side and they never produce exactly the same results. If you place a £10 and only £5 is available they can't both get the money.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”