Stop loss

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
PioPio

Hello,

I am sure I am missing out something but I cannot place stop losses with the right click correrctly.

Let say I place a back bet at 3.0 and this is matched, right after that I place a lay bet at 2.98 too and finally right click on the back side on 3.40. I can see the color beside changing into orange and this is as expected.
If the price drifts up and reaches 3.40 the stop loss is triggered but all BA does is to cancelling the lay bet at 2.98. I was expecting BA to place a lay bet at 3.40 as well.
Is this by design and how can I achieve what I want ?

I use BA trader.

Many thanks
Pio Pio
Dallas

The bet should be placed at 3.40 as well, have you checked the log file?
It maybe getting placed but not matched if the price is shooting straight through (and never coming back down)
Or may be getting rejected by Betfair for some reason

If it's cancelling the exsisting lay bet that suggests its working fine so it will almost certainly be one of the two reasons mentioned above
Willbanks

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:19 am
The bet should be placed at 3.40 as well, have you checked the log file?
It maybe getting placed but not matched if the price is shooting straight through (and never coming back down)
Or may be getting rejected by Betfair for some reason
G Switch
If it's cancelling the exsisting lay bet that suggests its working fine so it will almost certainly be one of the two reasons mentioned above
That's a very valid reason.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”