Editing simple automation file

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jaffy

I have created a simple automation script that places a bet on a horse by it's position of favouritism, and at a fixed price, which outputs the following script in text form;

Code: Select all

30.0 	<------- Scripts first line

False
False
False
False
False
test
BET_LAY
False
True
False
True
3 		<------- Selects 'by position' radio button (sorted in order of favouritism)
6 		<------- Selects position variable ( position 6 )

FIXED
2.5 		<------- Fixed Price variable	

I have then created a batch of automation files for each race using the above template and inserted the relevant data in the 'position' variable and 'fixed prices' variable using external software to create each script. I then import them all into Guardian and select the automation file relevant for each race, ie 1330.baf for the race meeting at 1330, and continue this process for each race. All these rules are executed successfully.

Now, I want to change from selecting from 'by position' to selecting by horse name. However, this seems to create a problem when creating the scripts outside of Guardian.

Heres is the scipt to do this as created by Guardian;

Code: Select all

30.0			<------- Scripts first line

False
False
False
False
False
test
BET_LAY
False
True
False
True
47250741         <------- ID number?
Onslow Gardens   <------- Horse Selection
FIXED
2.5              <------- Odds to place bet

With this template, I have proceeded to create a batch of automation files for each race by replacing the Horse selection with the relevant name of the horse for that particular race and imported them into Guardian. However, Guardian doesn't like the same ID number, so when selecting the automation file for the selected race, it does not execute at all. I tried leaving the 'ID number' field blank, but it is still not working.

The problem seems to be with the ID number field, once it has the correct ID number, it works fine. My question is, how to get this to work without knowing what this ID number is?

If anyone has any idea, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jaffy

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”