SaaS for Guardian near Matching Engine?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
derekn

Hi all,

Id like to be able to login to a windows based server near the BF matching engine for Guardian trades.

Im sure this was offered years ago, is it still possible via either BA or a 3rd Party?

My connection is not great, so any way I can secure a better solution would be good.

Thanks!

Derek
Euler

Most people use a VPS to get a high speed low latency connection to Betfair, like so: -

www.betangel.com/vps/

I don't know what your specific objective is, but that may cover what you need. I guess some of the answer depends on what's important to you. If you just want a stable connection that should be more than adequate.
derekn

that's it.. thanks ....
ShaunWhite

derekn wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:42 am
that's it.. thanks ....
AWS Dublin is popular as the BF datacentre is also in Dublin. But you won't get the assistance you'd get with a BA VPS and depending what you do it might not make any difference.
derekn

thanks that's good intel... Im trying BA VPS for now... amazing ping test speed - 2 ms lol !
derekn

Does anyone have recommendations for the fastest remote desktop software, or is the windows one as good as it gets? thanks...
Euler

I use Microsoft RDP and Remotix. I've sort of got used to those, but maybe others have different suggestions.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”