Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dallas

Having the 'green' box ticked is just enabling greening

You need to click on the figure in the trade profit column to place the green up bet, if its matched you'll see all the P/L figures next to the selections name show the same value and also the figures in the trade profit column will show the same and no longer change
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/one ... ng_up.html
Ronan1001

ds2975 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:42 am
Hi all, I'm fairly new to scalping and trying it with small stakes to get the hang of it. I can usually get a tiny profit such as 50 cents spread across the field for a locked in profit of a few cents. The trouble I'm having is that the greening up isn't working for me. I have the green up button ticked, and it shows the locked in profit before the race jumps, but then it fluctuates throughout the race and ends up being zero (unless the favorite wins, which is where i made the scalp). Does this ring a bell for anyone?
Thanks
You at least have a small profit, and I'm not yet able to do it. It seems so complicated that I decided to register here, learn all the nuances and ask my stupid questions...
Ronan1001

Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:02 pm

You need to click on the figure in the trade profit column to place the green up bet, if its matched you'll see all the P/L figures next to the selections name show the same value and also the figures in the trade profit column will show the same and no longer change
Let me ask you a question. If I made a bet to go up, and it went down, then it won't be green, right? Sorry, I'm a newbie.
Last edited by Ronan1001 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Ronan1001 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:02 pm

Let me ask you a question. If I made a bet to go up, and it went down, then it won't be green, right? Sorry, I'm a newbie.
You wouldn't have a profit no,

But the term 'Green up, Greening, Hedge' means to spread your larger profit or loss on a selection equally across all selections
So even though the term is green up, that also means when you spread a loss equally across other selections
Ronan1001

Dallas wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:17 pm
You wouldn't have a profit no,

But the term 'Green up, Greening, Hedge' means to spread your larger profit or loss on a selection equally across all selections
So even though the term is green up, that also means when you spread a loss equally across other selections
I read more about hedging and it made more sense to me. Thank you, I'll keep looking into it.
thepressure

Can you actually still profit manually scalping horses or are the bots unbeatable?
ShaunWhite

thepressure wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:08 pm
Can you actually still profit manually scalping horses or are the bots unbeatable?
Depends on how volatile the market is. Have you thought about 'scalping' for 2 or 3 ticks instead instead of 1?

But what do you think bots are doing now that's making it difficult?

I've never seen the appeal of scalping, just seems like cutting your gains with the risk of losses running.
thepressure

I guess gthe appeal is its pre off, not so much drift risk, can use reasonble stakes and turn a good profit if your bets are right, why ive decided to look at it.
thepressure

Is greyhound scalping manually prfitable, so many events per day, but such late money?
Vaz0202

thepressure wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:59 pm
Is greyhound scalping manually prfitable, so many events per day, but such late money?
Avoid the dogs, at all costs. Liquidity can be pretty thin and the market can move very quickly. Some on here have cracked it though.

Cricket could be good, big bucks to be made there
thepressure

How so, isn't that based on when runs are scored or not as opposed to order flow etc ?

I've never watched cricket, is there a lot of matches ?
ShaunWhite

thepressure wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:48 pm
I've never watched cricket, is there a lot of matches ?
There are no easy market types. Pick one, probably just a small part of one, and try to fully understand it. I recognise that fail/try a different sport/fail again loop and its demoralising. Don't just throw away what you've already learned on say dogs or horses and return to square one. Just try to get 0.1% better each week at one chosen sport and you'll get there.
thepressure

anyone use the course on bfscalper .com ? I know it shows him doing well but can you really do as well manually?
Kai

thepressure wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:06 am
anyone use the course on bfscalper .com ? I know it shows him doing well but can you really do as well manually?
I'll let others comment on the course itself but if by manually you mean with trading software, then yes, it's possible, although larger profits on images like that are rather unlikely to come from scalping alone, on smaller markets as such, you would need to push considerable volume through thin markets etc.

But speaking of software, let me whip out a propaganda meme real quick, on one of my favourite templates

baggiestan

thepressure wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:06 am
Hi
Currently working my way through the bfscalper course,i have found some useful information in there,lots of video which teaches what to look out for and how to set screens up for scalping,i would say it has improved my strike rate.
I get the impression that a lot of the larger wins shown on the course are from letting it go in play i.e. a free bet on the horses that you have been scalping.
Overall i would i am happy with the course.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”