Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
essexboy

Did you increase your stakes daily ?
dropss81

Don't forget to set your loss limits in setting .. otherwise you will end up with huge loss ..
Gravesen33

Hi All,
Is there any way to put a rule or condition which will KEEP only fill or kill UNMATCHED BETS and will clear the rest of unmatched bets after the race is off?
Thank you
Alboumphoto

Hi, Im using the free trial at the moment and trying to create my own scalping bot.

I couldn’t see a way to place my back bet to match whatever was the lowest atl at that time.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Phil
Dallas

Alboumphoto wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:47 pm
Hi, Im using the free trial at the moment and trying to create my own scalping bot.

I couldn’t see a way to place my back bet to match whatever was the lowest atl at that time.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Phil
Not sure what you mean by 'match lowest atl at the time'?
Can you give some further details of what you want to do?

There might even be a ready-made rules file you can download from the shared files section that does or is very close to what you want
Alboumphoto

Say the best available to lay price was 1.6. I would like to place my back bet to match that 1.6 and then scalp once that has been matched.
Dallas

Alboumphoto wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:52 pm
Say the best available to lay price was 1.6. I would like to place my back bet to match that 1.6 and then scalp once that has been matched.
If you place your lay bet anywhere below the current price Betfair will always match you at the best available price,
If you enable global settings can then be used to place an offset bet (with or without greening)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... tings.html

If you want to use automation you can configure the lay bet to be placed at 'best market price'
there are also several ready-made scalping files in the pre-off racing area for a variety of situations which you could download and use as a starting point
viewforum.php?f=53
adryan87

Hi. What do you think is better? To aim a X number of ticks or X %?
mcgillsbets

Hey new this and im currently trying to scalp on the tennis and 2.5 markets. I basically want to get in and out with 1 tick with a huge stake of about £1000 to lock in a profit. is there any other markets you would recommend that would be good for this?
ShaunWhite

mcgillsbets wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:15 pm
Hey new this and im currently trying to scalp on the tennis and 2.5 markets. I basically want to get in and out with 1 tick with a huge stake of about £1000 to lock in a profit. is there any other markets you would recommend that would be good for this?
Cricket? btw £1000 isn't "huge".

But if you're new and having to ask a basic question like that I'd question whether you ought to be on £1k stakes.
mcgillsbets

for starting out for me its huge, risking putting £1000 on each time is scary lol. I come from never gambling to doing some match betting and now trying the trading. I was very confident until the other night when Chelsea scored in a game in the first 2 minutes before the market let me out and i lost £400. But i like the idea of just getting in and out as quick as possible.

But im open to any advice that people have, including a good way to minimise that kind of risk?
ShaunWhite

mcgillsbets wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:57 pm
for starting out for me its huge, risking putting £1000 on each time is scary lol. I come from never gambling to doing some match betting and now trying the trading. I was very confident until the other night when Chelsea scored in a game in the first 2 minutes before the market let me out and i lost £400. But i like the idea of just getting in and out as quick as possible.

But im open to any advice that people have, including a good way to minimise that kind of risk?
Trading is nothing like MB. You WILL lose as often as 50% of the time, unlike MB where you have no risk and can lump on. And it's going to take you at least 6months or a year to find any sort of consistency so ffs stop using stupidly big stakes and see if you can turn £5 into £10 first or you won't last long enough to learn.
mcgillsbets

I didn't say it was like matched betting, I just meant I've progressed from wanting to do the match betting to wanting to try trading. But from the vibes I get on here its maybe not worth doing. My overall hope was to try and make £50 a day is that a realistic target for someone starting out?
Kai

mcgillsbets wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:55 am
My overall hope was to try and make £50 a day is that a realistic target for someone starting out?
Not really, losing £50 a day would be a more realistic target for someone starting out. No point setting any targets since you can't force opportunities. But very basic scalping is a good intro into trading, many of us started like this.
ShaunWhite

mcgillsbets wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:55 am
I didn't say it was like matched betting.

My overall hope was to try and make £50 a day is that a realistic target for someone starting out?
I know that you didn't say it was like matched betting, i was just saying that matched betting experience isn't relevant so you should start on £2 not £1000

As Kai said the initial aim is to just not lose money, but once people reach a tipping point then 5, 6 or even 7 figures is possible. But trading isn't just a job you can make money on from day 1 like flipping burgers, it's a fiercely competitive area, with small markets, and many people who've been doing it as a career for over a decade. If you want to take money from people you need to be better than they are.... And FYI, only approx 5% of people who try actually get to break even.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”