Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jimibt

esanlon wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 pm
Got my software 3 weeks ago bought professional and the 39.99 learn to trade videos done everything suggested in the lesson's , down about 330 pound over all. I must be doing something wrong but it does not work for me. Have uninstalled it now lesson learnt.
you need to realise that the software only acts as a bridge between you (motivation, imagination and intelligence) and the market. it does of course execute the instructions you have fed it faster than using the BF web interface, thus further amplifying the *bridge*.

i'm afraid to say, that all you've highlighted in your post is that you are both impatient and naive. it would seem that you are expecting the software to act as a one armed bandit. i'd think a better analogy would be to compare giving two individuals a copy of microsoft office. one produces a final work called "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets", the other produces a to do list that gets laminated and stuck on their fridge...

no pun intended, horses for courses.
Iron

Hi Esanion

Sorry to hear that. If it is any consolation, many people habe lost far more.

I would suggest is using £2 stakes until you are sure you know what you're doing.

Also, bear in mind that Betfair videos rarely tell the whole story. They often show a technique being demonstrated without telling you exactly why the technique was suitable for that market. The same technique may fail horribly in other situations.

Also, while some people swear by one tick scalping, it is unsuitable for most markets in my opinion, and my guess is that very few people can make it pay outside of Grade 1 races (top quality races like the Grand National).

Jeff
esanlon wrote:
Got my software 3 weeks ago bought professional and the 39.99 learn to trade videos done everything suggested in the lesson's , down about 330 pound over all. I must be doing something wrong but it does not work for me. Have uninstalled it now lesson learnt.
esanlon

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 am
esanlon wrote:
you need to realise that the software only acts as a bridge between you (motivation, imagination and intelligence) and the market. it does of course execute the instructions you have fed it faster than using the BF web interface, thus further amplifying the *bridge*.

i'm afraid to say, that all you've highlighted in your post is that you are both impatient and naive. it would seem that you are expecting the software to act as a one armed bandit. i'd think a better analogy would be to compare giving two individuals a copy of microsoft office. one produces a final work called "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets", the other produces a to do list that gets laminated and stuck on their fridge...

You seem to be pretty arrogant defending the software? you don,t own it do you?
esanlon

Ferru123 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:45 am
Hi Esanion

Sorry to hear that. If it is any consolation, many people habe lost far more.

I would suggest is using £2 stakes until you are sure you know what you're doing.

Also, bear in mind that Betfair videos rarely tell the whole story. They often show a technique being demonstrated without telling you exactly why the technique was suitable for that market. The same technique may fail horribly in other situations.

Also, while some people swear by one tick scalping, it is unsuitable for most markets in my opinion, and my guess is that very few people can make it pay outside of Grade 1 races (top quality races like the Grand National).

Jeff
esanlon wrote:
Thanks for the consideration, it's not the BF videos I purchased it's the it's the BA ones, just felt they were a bit of a rip off
spreadbetting

I wouldn't stress over it, esanlon, it's a sunny day go buy some football boots and next week you could be playing for Man Utd, soon get the money back.
jimibt

esanlon wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 am
jimibt wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 am
esanlon wrote:

You seem to be pretty arrogant defending the software? you don,t own it do you?
morning, no but i am a long time user and don't mind admitting that i didn't find the silver bullet after 4 weeks of use; i didn't even find it after 40 weeks of use (I may of course just be a complete wnaker at trading -but i digress)... the point of my post (arrogance excepted) was that the software will only act on your behalf, based on what you ask it to do. it does not have a sense of identity itself and thus will only ever be as effective as the actions imagined by the end user.

i eventually ended up taking a year out to try and master automation, primarily because i recognised my shortcomings in terms of discipline and emotional courage when trading manually. my sentiments regards the software being a bridge are totally based on real life experience, with risk, reward and learning all chucked in for good measure. without now coming across as a condescending twat, i'd honestly suggest that you invest time, patience and make meticulous notes of any strategies that you pursue, otherwise i can assure you, you may come to blame the aircraft, or the pilot (or air traffic control, or the weather.. etc).

so, take the bull by the horns, stare at the mirror and ask yourself if the software possesses a soul, or whether it requires your guidence. as they say in SW Scotland (don't ask me why..) -G'an fur it ya wee eejit!!
esanlon

Cheers mate! this actually helps
esanlon

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:06 am
I wouldn't stress over it, esanlon, it's a sunny day go buy some football boots and next week you could be playing for Man Utd, soon get the money back.
Who know's :D
threedogs

convoysur wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am
hI jeff
I really wish i could find a good angle,with your clues .im goina study it even closer to try and find a way to exploit it,but the light bulb in my head hasnt come on yet so i guess its safe to say im still in training ,training without a teacher,
Regards
Marc
My lightbulb never came on either but after a couple of years I have it gradually up to about 40 watt so stick with it and look at all the videos you can but the real teacher is the market itself and if you watch it hard enough for long enough you will begin to see certain repeating patterns and that is your starting point ....
wearthefoxhat

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 am
esanlon wrote:
Just 3 weeks?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15377
I'm guessing you may have overloaded your knowledge base with too many new ideas/strategies. It's hard to know what to focus on first. IMO, it comes down to your personal preference(s).

If your methodical and super patient, maybe scalping would suit you. If you want a faster pace, quick moving trade, then swing trades and In-Play would suit you more.

Which sport is best for you? Football has many interesting aspects, Tennis is certainly a possible, Golf has its merits, of course there's horse racing.

Do you like automation? Can be a big help to trigger an entry into a market, the trader can then manage the exit, or vice-versa...

Any video or pdf/book can always be used as a reference point, when you try out something, stick with it. I reckon too many give up to soon and are sometimes nearer than they think.

dandelions.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I started trading with just £50 and was placing £2 - £5 bets. All you need to do is reduce your stakes and give yourself a bit more time to experiment and get to grips with trading.
bontabam

Hi
Can anyone help me on this one? Are we able to green up on a potential profit on the free version of bet angel's 1 click screen? Also (this will totally reveal my lack of knowledge) am I completely thick - is anyone else experiencing difficulty trying to understand trading on the ladder when it's reversed? Any answers will be reverentially received -thanks
threedogs

I have been scalping and learning for about three years and yes I make profit now but at first it was a long time before I made a profit so its really just learning and trying to improve bit by bit and it will eventually come to you but its very hard work learnign and takes a long time ..
Dallas

bontabam wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:39 am
Hi
Can anyone help me on this one? Are we able to green up on a potential profit on the free version of bet angel's 1 click screen? Also (this will totally reveal my lack of knowledge) am I completely thick - is anyone else experiencing difficulty trying to understand trading on the ladder when it's reversed? Any answers will be reverentially received -thanks
Yes you can green up on the one-click using the basic version

This thread will explain the difference between reversed and normal odds display
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12253
Locatat45

I'm still taking my time to study and observe the market so that I don't make any tangible mistakes. I know mistakes help us to learn but I want to minimize it if I can... I need to equip myself with more training.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”