cancelling during in play delay

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
dav3214

How do you cancel a bet during the 5sec in play delay? eg you lay at 1.5 and the market immediately moves to 1.4 so you want to cancel.

ps first post so pls no flaming if the question is idiotic :oops:
Photon

The way could see work is through Bet_Angel spreadsheet with you defining the period in the cell say H4 have 00:00:05 and have the following formula in the global command cell L6:

=IF(AND(G2="In-play",F4>=G4),"CANCEL_ALL","")

You need to have excel connected to the market and it should clear unmatched bets after 5 seconds or so later once in play.
george

i dont think is possible

the moment u click the order will go through no matter what , the only think that can cancel the order is if the market gets suspended during that time
Dabbla

Its not possible.If it was people would be beating the delay left right and centre.
dav3214

Thanks for replies. I'm still a bit puzzled as the delay seems a bit pointless unless it is also accompanied by a suspension eg soccer. In tennis for example the delay just seems to advantage courtsiders who can't make any mistakes eg they just back the server/lay the receiver every ace. Those watching on tv with a delay are never being shown the correct market price, but the price that prevailed 5 secs ago.
Dabbla

This is my view on the subject.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4044

If you take away the delay your just giving more of an avantage to the courtsiders.
whether there is no delay or 2 weeks delay,the people with the fastest picture will always have the advantage and be first to the money.
Nacho

I have a further question on this topic:

If I have a situation where I want to cancel a bet/s which has been placed in play, is there a better way to do this than hammering the X or Z keys repeatedly?

For example, it would be idea to press a hotkey as the "in-play delay" is counting down which executes:

"Cancel immediately if unmatched"

In reality, hammering the X and Z keys is almost instant but it's probably not healthy for my keyboard!

Thanks for any observations on this.
Euler

Probaby best to write a servant to do that. You could make in context driven, so you hover the mouse over the selection you want cancelled and it will wait for the bet to appear and cancel it instantly. Certainly possible.
Nacho

Hi Peter,

Cool, I wasn't sure there was going to be a way to do this. I haven't used servants before so this seems like a nice learning task. I seem to recall that there is an introductory video of you in bellboy attire so I will start there!

Cheers :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”