Bet Angel on a Mac

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
dlresponse

Would running bet angel on a virtual machine not cause lagging while trading? Especially on a three year old mac?
ruthlessimon

dlresponse wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Would running bet angel on a virtual machine not cause lagging while trading? Especially on a three year old mac?
It does - I far prefer bootcamp

(unless bootcamp is classed as a virtual machine ;) )

.. but I always found Parallels etc did lag (for me)
BetScalper

dlresponse wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:00 pm
I have a MacBook Pro running Fusion / Windows 7

And it’s very fast running Windows applications including Bet Angel.

- Intel i7
- 16 GB Ram
- 256 GB SSD

It’s setup to allocate 60 GB of disk space and 6 GB of Ram to Fusion / Windows 7.
JamesMcLevy

I wonder if someone can help me with this. I’ve tried to download the Bet Angel trial on my older model Mac. However I was unable to do this due to the following message

“You can’t open the application “BAP_1_58_0.exe” because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on OSX.’

Does anyone know what this means? And how do I overcome this?
ShaunWhite

It means the Mac operating system (OSX) won't run things designed to be run on a Microsoft operating system (eg Windows), which BA is. OSX and Microsoft are very different beasts, like VHS and Betamax if you're old enough to remember those.

I'm pretty sure there's a workaround but it'll need someone more qualified than me to step in and help in that regard. Probably involves running some sort of Windows emulator on the Mac to provide an environment for the Windows software to run 'in'. Basically a virtual Windows operating system running on the MAC OSX.
Euler

JamesMcLevy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 pm
I wonder if someone can help me with this. I’ve tried to download the Bet Angel trial on my older model Mac. However I was unable to do this due to the following message

“You can’t open the application “BAP_1_58_0.exe” because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on OSX.’

Does anyone know what this means? And how do I overcome this?
Here are your options: -

https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... ad-tablet/
PickyMclillaMacShoe

DoubleDon wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am
I've just set up windows using bootcamp on the Macbook Pro. It was very easy and I can't recommend it enough! ;)
Macbook software is better than windows. After using both I can say mac is better.
ApexTrader12

I'm going to try Bet Angel for the first time however have a Mac. I'm looking to whether I can find a cheaper VPS as the BetAngel one is like £35 a month? For example can i run a Contabo VPS and run my Bet Angel software on it?
Dallas

ApexTrader12 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:05 pm
I'm going to try Bet Angel for the first time however have a Mac. I'm looking to whether I can find a cheaper VPS as the BetAngel one is like £35 a month? For example can i run a Contabo VPS and run my Bet Angel software on it?
You should be able to run Bet Angel on any VPS, unless that VPS itself has any restrictions to what programs/activities can be done)
But you'll only be able to install the regular desktop version on Bet Angel
The server edition of Bet Angel Pro can only be used on VPS's supplied by Bet Angel
Euler

ApexTrader12 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Never heard of these guys, but had a look. They are based in Germany so you would need to add extra to host in the UK, also no Windows included or VAT. So you would have to add all that on before purchasing.

Once you have done all that you end up more expensive than the base level VPS from Bet Angel on a monthly basis.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”