Lay every event at 1.01

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
kelpie

gazuty wrote:Some days were gold, absolute gold. But then there were months of draw downs, months.
Thanks for this reply. I would probably have guessed something like that but someone with real experience makes it real

Quote above should be etched on the Bet Angel Wall of Pain!!
gazuty

Paul Smith - pro BF guru - has a go at 1.01.

https://youtu.be/W9IU6FHXgvc
Archangel

Didn't know there were transaction charges if you go over a certain number of bets per hour
gazuty

Archangel wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:29 pm
Didn't know there were transaction charges if you go over a certain number of bets per hour
Yep. That’s why BA has the counter. Raised up from 1000 to 5000 a few years ago.
ShaunWhite

Archangel wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:29 pm
They charge 0.2p but offset against any commission you've paid throughout the whole day. So if you pay £20 in commission you can have an extra 10000 which you might use on going 2000 over in 5 different hours. Place and cancel would count as 2.
jamesedwards

My guess is Betfair let their partner liquidity providers set their initial positions either in advance or instantly as the market opens, so they get them to the front of every queue.

If it's not from a partner agreement then the bot certainly exists and it is immediate. In the area I professionally trade I've chanced on markets literally as they first appear many times, and they always have the same volumes/prices of trades available immediately.
gazuty

Paul running a long term 1.01 experiment (excluding horses) and now also running a 1.02 experiment.

Very interesting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INDdsnjfvXQ
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:54 pm
Paul running a long term 1.01 experiment (excluding horses) and now also running a 1.02 experiment.

Very interesting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INDdsnjfvXQ
You refer to him as a "pro BF guru" ....Why doesn't he just run simulations on large datasets?
ShaunWhite

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:12 pm
If it's not from a partner agreement then the bot certainly exists and it is immediate.
New markets are automatically added to the stream when they're created, as soon as you see data for one that wasn't in your initial subcription you can get a bet sent in a couple of milliseconds if that's your thing.

Bit of a waste of time imo. "they always have the same volumes/prices of trades available immediately.".....true, and if it was that good then we'd be seeing bigger amounts because they seem quite small. Someone out there will always have a go at anything for a while.
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:18 am
You refer to him as a "pro BF guru" ....Why doesn't he just run simulations on large datasets?
Paul’s a good guy.

I’m guessing he just wants to run an experiment using real money and provide a little bit of content - but I’m not inside his head.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:11 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:18 am
Paul’s a good guy.

I’m guessing he just wants to run an experiment using real money and provide a little bit of content - but I’m not inside his head.
Fair enough. I get the idea of making accessible content, but it might make him look a bit more 'pro' if he explained it was for fun, and that pros like him would do it differently. And even that the top pros don't even use data, they just use the maths.

I'm genuinely not trying to rubbish him, just saying (and only here and not on YT comments) how it could do more to enhance any sort of profile he was nurturing. Live trials aren't really where trading in 2023 is.

Good luck to him though, I can't even be bothered to make content.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”