The Official Off-Topic Dump Thread

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
wearthefoxhat

Could integrate the 2024 presidential election thread too....

trump.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I feel sorry for the relatives of the one person who died of covid yesterday - the rest of the nation are happy there's only been one death. :lol:
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:52 am
I feel sorry for the relatives of the one person who died of covid yesterday - the rest of the nation are happy there's only been one death. :lol:
Only one? Wow, a bit dark but that was yesterday.

I think today's offtopic topic is Star Wars, seeing as it's apparently the international Star Wars day.

May the 4th be with you Derek :)
Kai

I must have gotten 10 email notifications about posts in this thread, but I come here and there is nothing 🤔

Either someone's been very naughty or it must be one of those unexplained phenomena 🤔 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpqffgak7To
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:36 pm
I must have gotten 10 email notifications about posts in this thread, but I come here and there is nothing 🤔

Either someone's been very naughty or it must be one of those unexplained phenomena 🤔 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpqffgak7To
You'd have to be quite strange to switch email notification on for this thread. :lol:
Trader Pat

Mods were on late night duty last night :D

I'm a little bit torn if I'm honest about whether deleting the offensive posts was a good thing or a bad thing.

Good thing because that kind of content has zero place on the forum but probably would have preferred the offending material to be removed rather than the entire chain of posts. At least that way people could see the who and the why behind these posts when they turn particularly nasty.

By deleting the posts as and when they're made there's not much of a deterrent to it happening again and again.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:58 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:36 pm

You'd have to be quite strange to switch email notification on for this thread. :lol:
The notifications are automatically switched on soon as you post to any forum thread? :)
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:03 pm

I'm a little bit torn if I'm honest about whether deleting the offensive posts was a good thing or a bad thing.

Good thing because that kind of content has zero place on the forum but probably would have preferred the offending material to be removed rather than the entire chain of posts. At least that way people could see the who and the why behind these posts when they turn particularly nasty.

By deleting the posts as and when they're made there's not much of a deterrent to it happening again and again.
The problem might have been that I quoted the offending material and made reference to it a couple of times. :oops:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:21 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

The problem might have been that I quoted the offending material and made reference to it a couple of times. :oops:
Maybe but it was said more than once even without you quoting it.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:

All I know is that if the forum were a football match a number of yellow cards would surely be given out by now by the refs, and probably a few straight red cards as well :)

Maybe this would make an interesting rulebook, one too many "fouls" would result in a yellow card and a couple of those would result in a (temporary) suspension from the thread or forum etc 🤔

Return to “Chill Out Area”