Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
Beth Rigby's really taken BJ apart in today's interview. :D
Not half as much as AC12 have!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1483419587542761472
The LibDems used to make some good comedy party political broadcasts but I reckon they would be upstaged by Labour should they choose to use it. :)
Emmson

This night has for the 1st time has given me the feeling that the dishonest charlatan could be ousted soon

:) This Makes Me Happy :)
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
Beth Rigby's really taken BJ apart in today's interview. :D
Having said that, she's a flipping hypocrite herself having attended Kay Burley's 60th birthday party during lockdown, and now, just like Kay Burley, feel they can grill politicians about their behaviour.
The Silk Run

Emmson wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 am
This night has for the 1st time has given me the feeling that the dishonest charlatan could be ousted soon

It's an Eton Mess :shock:
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 am

You would think even a goon like him would realise his time's up and leave gracefully. But if he wants to dig in at least we can enjoy watching his downfall. :D
Derek27

I've always been irritated with the news channels repeating the same news on the hour, but I've had no problem with it the last few weeks. Whether it's BJ, Andrew Windsor, Djokovic, why not repeat good news. :D
ShaunWhite

I don't want BJ to quit, it's just way too entertaining. And I do actually think he's quite moderate for a Tory and the thought of some of the others getting top job chills my blood. I vote we keep the clown and look forward to the next hilarious episode, I hear Mr Cummings has a video of BJ using the Armistice Day wreath as a hola-hoop....but hey nobody told him he shouldn't.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:45 am
I don't want BJ to quit, it's just way too entertaining. And I do actually think he's quite moderate for a Tory and the thought of some of the others getting top job chills my blood. I vote we keep the clown and look forward to the next hilarious episode, I hear Mr Cummings has a video of BJ using the Armistice Day wreath as a hola-hoop....but hey nobody told him he shouldn't.
I think BJ's thinking of the future now. If he leaves in disgrace, he may not get a knighthood or make the money you'd expect of a PM, so he's desperate to hang on at whatever cost to his party. When I say party I mean his political party, not his garden party, although he'd like to hang on to those as well. He'll drag it out for as long as he can and doesn't give a shit about the future of the Conservative party, never mind the UK, about its future after him.

Looking forward to him going and good riddance. :D
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:56 pm
After 20 odd years, I'm free from my Virgin Media contract. :D
I've just got a call from Virgin Media begging me to come back. Following a three-hour board meeting they decided to double my broadband speed and almost half the price. I lose the Sky Sports channels and gain the BT Sports package plus dozens more crap channels that I won't watch. :D

It would have been nice if they warned me I'll immediately lose my internet connection while they play around with their switches!
Derek27

PM accused of intimidation/blackmail. There's no end to his troubles. :D

BJ says he's seen no evidence of it, but then he's seen no evidence of a party at his own house that he's present at. :lol:
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
I think BJ's thinking of the future now. If he leaves in disgrace, he may not get a knighthood or make the money you'd expect of a PM, so he's desperate to hang on at whatever cost to his party. When I say party I mean his political party, not his garden party, although he'd like to hang on to those as well. He'll drag it out for as long as he can and doesn't give a shit about the future of the Conservative party, never mind the UK, about its future after him.

Not a massive (and that really IS an understatement!) fan myself; but who the f**k would replace him? FFS, they're all as bad as each other! "Better the enemy you know?"... :D :D :D
Derek27

bennyboy351 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 am
ShaunWhite wrote:

Not a massive (and that really IS an understatement!) fan myself; but who the f**k would replace him? FFS, they're all as bad as each other! "Better the enemy you know?"... :D :D :D
Anyone who knows that downing booze, music and dancing isn't appropriate in an office working environment would be an improvement. :)
Derek27

"BJ is staying at his country retreat but it may not be his home much longer". No matter how many times I hear that on Sky, it's music to my ears. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:49 pm
Anyone who knows that downing booze, music and dancing isn't appropriate in an office working environment would be an improvement. :)
Not worked in many offices then Derek!

Offices I have worked in knew work time and alcohol time should not mix but that didn't mean the location had to be different ... just the time! Work time over, break open a beer and have a chat à la Keir Starmer, (funny how he was allowed to 'party' but not Boris!) ... anyway, usually the chat would consist of work matters, a less formal evaluation of the day kicking around additional thoughts and ideas.

The lack of office experience is one of the problems with career politicians, they don't understand how the real world works.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:05 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:49 pm
Not worked in many offices then Derek!

Offices I have worked in knew work time and alcohol time should not mix but that didn't mean the location had to be different ... just the time! Work time over, break open a beer and have a chat à la Keir Starmer, (funny how he was allowed to 'party' but not Boris!) ... anyway, usually the chat would consist of work matters, a less formal evaluation of the day kicking around additional thoughts and ideas.

The lack of office experience is one of the problems with career politicians, they don't understand how the real world works.
I said a working environment, not after work. I used to drink at work, but it wasn't allowed, I'd have to hide my can behind my computer terminal, if you remember them. They were the days. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”